Run/Walk Goals for January 2014

Options
bootcey
bootcey Posts: 45 Member
My goal the new year is 60 miles or 2 miles per day.

Replies

• aminer31
    aminer31 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So our goal is 60 miles / month?
  • bootcey
    Options
    You may select as many or few miles as you like. I selected 60 per month for myself. Please feel free to do more:laugh:
  • kimbelder
    kimbelder Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'll be going to my orthopedic doctor on Monday (the 30th) to hopefully be released to return to exercising. Hope to graduate to some light running but will be very happy to at least add walking back in. I'd like to commit to 50 miles of walking/jogging for January and maybe we'll take this into February?
  • MissJazzie14
    MissJazzie14 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I have been looking for a walking challenge and thank god I found one. I want to start off by doing 50 miles for the month of Jan. Hopefully I can make it. =) and good luck to everyone who will participate in this challenge.
  • marjanet
    marjanet Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My goal is to walk at least 50 miles in January. Good luck to everyone participating in this challenge!
  • bootcey
    Options
    Welcome everyone. We can do this. Let's find some good run/walk music and have some fun:happy:
  • luvhaleiwa
    luvhaleiwa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm just starting my journey today and am looking forward to being in this group. I am not a runner, but would love to be so I'm hoping that participating in this group will help me to achieve that goal.

My goal is going to be 31 miles for January - 1 mile per day.
  • MJFV
    MJFV Posts: 25
    Options
    60 miles sounds like a reasonable start. :)
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go for 50 miles this month!
  • ShannieQ
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just getting started today and I'm excited to make some positive changes in my life! This is a great place to start :) My goal will be 50 miles for January.
  • befit2014
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm really excited to be a member of this group. My goal is 50 miles for the month of January. Let's do this!!
  • JDavis352
    JDavis352 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    :)
  • JDavis352
    Options
    Hello everyone. I started running last year. At first it was hard and I felt defeated and wanted to quit. Now I love to run! I still don't run for a long period of time. I do a lot of walk/run intervals, but that's just fine by me. My goal for the month of January is to run 60 miles. I know I can do it and I WILL! I believe you will too! I use Nike+ Run to track my runs or walks. If anyone would like to add me to Nike+ feel free :) My email address for the look up is Flbaseballmom@AOL.com You can add me on MFP as well. Good luck everyone.
  • JDavis352
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm just starting my journey today and am looking forward to being in this group. I am not a runner, but would love to be so I'm hoping that participating in this group will help me to achieve that goal.

My goal is going to be 31 miles for January - 1 mile per day.

1 mile per day is a great attainable goal.
  • HM1971
    HM1971 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I will set my January goal for 64 miles. 4 miles/4x per week. I haven't run in several months. I might do more if I feel I'm up to it :) I signed up for the Indy Mini Marathon yesterday. Its in May so I'm looking forward to my training.
  • KTStepsUp
    KTStepsUp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined! I live at the top of a huge hill, but it's more than 2 miles to walk to the bottom and top. I will take the challenge to walk 60 miles in January.
    :smile:
    Glad to be here to take the challenge!
  • TinyCake81
    TinyCake81 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm going to join in and set myself a target of 50 miles.

I've just signed up for a starters running course as I am a hopeless runner and I will walk more too.

I'm looking forward to starting this one!
  • Darl4071
    Options
    My goal for January is to walk 1 mile 3X per week for a total of 15 miles for the month.
  • bootcey
    Options
    Awesome goals and Welcome Everyone. Lets have some fun.:smile:
  • joanneg572
    joanneg572 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Bootcey for starting this group!!!

I'm Joanne (56 yrs,) from ccccold Alberta, Canada.
    I reached goal and maintained for about a year, but have slacked off in the last 6 months.
    And the pounds are slowly adding up!

I'd like to get back to healthy eating and consistent exercise.
    So, I commit to 60 miles for the month of January......AND logging food each day.

Blessings on ya as we begin this journey together!!:flowerforyou: