Fighting Second Thoughts

Options
JenestaM
JenestaM Posts: 5 Member
It's not New Years yet, so I've had lots of time to think about going back on the challenge. If I left the group now, then I haven't failed the challenge because it hasn't started yet! I even got my favorite food as a present from someone (I forgot I had it on my Amazon wish list.) Is anyone else fighting second thoughts?

Replies

• Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    It's not New Years yet, so I've had lots of time to think about going back on the challenge. If I left the group now, then I haven't failed the challenge because it hasn't started yet! I even got my favorite food as a present from someone (I forgot I had it on my Amazon wish list.) Is anyone else fighting second thoughts?

ABSOLUTELY!!! :cry: Mine is soda. I ran out and first thought was, okay just don't buy anymore. It's almost time to start the challenge....you don't need it, right!!! I bought them anyway. It is so hard for me to NOT drink soda. It is a true addiction, IMO!!! :noway: I have about 24 left.....I am gonna try REALLY hard not to buy anymore. If its not in the house, I can't drinkit!!! :sad:
  • Laura_Jean76
    Laura_Jean76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    try not to stop cold turkey ,start with one or 2 days out of the week with no candy or soda that way you can stick with it
  • JenestaM
    JenestaM Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!! :cry: Mine is soda. I ran out and first thought was, okay just don't buy anymore. It's almost time to start the challenge....you don't need it, right!!! I bought them anyway. It is so hard for me to NOT drink soda. It is a true addiction, IMO!!! :noway: I have about 24 left.....I am gonna try REALLY hard not to buy anymore. If its not in the house, I can't drinkit!!! :sad:

Can you give the rest of your soda away on January 1st?
  • Jagreene62
    Options

Can you give the rest of your soda away on January 1st?

Yes I could, but I don't think there will be any left!!! :laugh:
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda a few years ago doing a challenge called Soda Free for 40days... I was a big time Dr Pepper drinker at the time like 12 in a day.. I stopped drinking soda for almost a year with that group then I started working around it in a fast food place and started to drink it again.. now that I am working in a office when I have to pay for my sodas I don't drink them as much... my husband knows not to buy them to keep at the house if they are there then I will drink them... the first week is the hardest but you will get through it... I'm giving up bread for this challenge... which is my weakness now... I eat bread all the time.. its going to be hard but I'm going to try and get through it... it never hurts to try.. take it one day at a time..
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I gave up soda a few years ago doing a challenge called Soda Free for 40days... I was a big time Dr Pepper drinker at the time like 12 in a day.. I stopped drinking soda for almost a year with that group then I started working around it in a fast food place and started to drink it again.. now that I am working in a office when I have to pay for my sodas I don't drink them as much... my husband knows not to buy them to keep at the house if they are there then I will drink them... the first week is the hardest but you will get through it... I'm giving up bread for this challenge... which is my weakness now... I eat bread all the time.. its going to be hard but I'm going to try and get through it... it never hurts to try.. take it one day at a time..

Yea, I can't decide if I want to quit cold turkey or gradually. It's so sad that I am soooo addicted. I guess it could be worse!! :noway:
  • allylbrown
    Options
    How is it going with giving up the soda?
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    How is it going with giving up the soda?

Thanks for asking!!! NO SODA FOR THREE DAYS!!! Whoop Whoop!!! :drinker: