Ice Storm

Options
Alisontheice
Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
Hope all the GTA MFPers are safe during this ice storm.

We are lucky enough to have power but our giant close to 100 year old tree in our back yard took a beating. Lots if firewood in our future.

Replies

• shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Glad you had power. I was out of power for two days and out of Internet for five. Could have been worse... could have been a week without power like some people!! Plus, I was able to go to work and have power there (charge my phone, access Internet, ect.) The only thing was I had to go to bed early (what is there to do at 8:00 when the power is out? lol) and the cold showers. But not terrible. It didn't get too cold, since I'm in an apartment, which is nice.

One of my neighbours, who lives in a house, had a tree fall right on their front door!!! Scary stuff. They are okay though. The tree still wasn't gone as of yesterday... hope it is soon!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you weren't without power too long. Some were so unlucky. We still have so many trees and branches down. My parents'2 birch trees took a beating. I tried moving the branches for them and the one that was about half the tree just did me in especially when I slipped under it and it landed on my ankle. Oh we'll when it thaws they will just get the tree surgeons in as will we. Our poor tree looks so sad. So glad we had it pruned in the summer.