What are you having?

Options
Hey ladies!!

I haven't posted on here in awhile. I am scheduled to find out the sex on December 19th (pretty soon)!

Do any of you ladies know, yet?

Also, the second trimester is here ladies! We made it. Let's grow these bumps strong! :heart:

Replies

• ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm having a ..

..SURPRISE!!!

We'll find out when the baby comes out!

:heart:
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    We are leaving it for a surprise too! We already have one of each so we are excited to wait until delivery this time!
  • superhelga
    superhelga Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ah. You surprise people. I'm so much in awe of you!
    I could never, never, never ever resist the temptation of knowing. anything thats out there to know.. I'm so curious (obviously:) How do you resist? What is the reason you chose not to know? I really want to know..
    I think the reason I find it hard to imagine not knowing is that I just want to know as much as I possibly can about this little person and our future together. Not that gender matter much to me at all (or can tell me much of who this baby will be).
    Oh. and I'm probably having a girl. I'm exited.. If I'm told at next sonogram they were wrong, and I'm having a boy Ill be very exited too. I love surprises. I just don't have the patience to hang around waiting for them:)
  • KimberlyTG2
    KimberlyTG2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Not sure what we are having yet. I have a Dr. apt tomorrow, so after that I will schedule the 3D sono for some time in the next couple of weeks. I really want to know. I have a son and would be happy with either gender. But I am a planner. I want to know as much as possible so I can be as prepared as possible
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Not sure what we are having yet. I have a Dr. apt tomorrow, so after that I will schedule the 3D sono for some time in the next couple of weeks. I really want to know. I have a son and would be happy with either gender. But I am a planner. I want to know as much as possible so I can be as prepared as possible

This is totally me! I have a son too and we'll find out the gender of Baby #2 next Tuesday :-)
  • ashlbubba
    ashlbubba Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I really don't have a desire to know yet... there is definitely not enough surprises in life! For practical purposes if I knew what I was having I'd be very tempted to go buy baby clothes.. when the baby comes I KNOW I'll be wanting to take my baby clothes shopping.. so why spend so much before the baby comes? Also, the last two baby showers I went to were nothing but baby clothes! Now my husband and I don't really need much and I could definitely get along fine without a shower but I do not want to be given a bunch of clothes that the baby will grow out of before it gets to wear each and every outfit.

One of my BFF's desperately needed baby stuff and instead she got about 150 little boy outfits..her Mom gave her a laundry basket full (I'm guessing there was 40-50LITTLE outfits in there!) I was so upset with her family!!!!!

Anyway, I don't really have a desire to know what I'm having.. It is SO MUCH fun to guess with everyone.. "oh it looks like a girl", "oh you're growing fast -it MUST be a boy".. :happy: I think it takes so much excitement out of it when you know what you're having.

As long as I have a healthy baby inside me I'm very content with a little boy or a little girl.

I will add that my MIL is not happy about us not finding out and has decided she thinks it's a boy and is "just buying baby boy clothes" when I asked her what if it was a girl she said "Oh well then you can just put her in the clothes once and donate them!" That kind of hurt my feelings.. she made it seem like she would love the baby more if it was a boy. Why can't we just be excited that we're having a baby?
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I find out on Thursday. So excited!

I want another boy, but my man wants a girl!

We shall see :heart: :smile:
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I find out on Monday (the 23rd!) but if they won't tell me which is not unusual here, I also have a 3D on the 30th but I have high hopes for next Monday :D
  • hotmomma0612
    Options
    I really don't have a desire to know yet... there is definitely not enough surprises in life! For practical purposes if I knew what I was having I'd be very tempted to go buy baby clothes.. when the baby comes I KNOW I'll be wanting to take my baby clothes shopping.. so why spend so much before the baby comes? Also, the last two baby showers I went to were nothing but baby clothes! Now my husband and I don't really need much and I could definitely get along fine without a shower but I do not want to be given a bunch of clothes that the baby will grow out of before it gets to wear each and every outfit.

One of my BFF's desperately needed baby stuff and instead she got about 150 little boy outfits..her Mom gave her a laundry basket full (I'm guessing there was 40-50LITTLE outfits in there!) I was so upset with her family!!!!!

Anyway, I don't really have a desire to know what I'm having.. It is SO MUCH fun to guess with everyone.. "oh it looks like a girl", "oh you're growing fast -it MUST be a boy".. :happy: I think it takes so much excitement out of it when you know what you're having.

As long as I have a healthy baby inside me I'm very content with a little boy or a little girl.

I will add that my MIL is not happy about us not finding out and has decided she thinks it's a boy and is "just buying baby boy clothes" when I asked her what if it was a girl she said "Oh well then you can just put her in the clothes once and donate them!" That kind of hurt my feelings.. she made it seem like she would love the baby more if it was a boy. Why can't we just be excited that we're having a baby?

I completely disagree with your statement, but I'll keep my preggo hormones under control.
  • stephysd
    stephysd Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options

Have you or your husband tried to gently ask her to purchase gender neutral clothes, so that way you can keep them for all your babies and they can each enjoy the outfits that grandma had picked out? I don't know if that would help or not. I know how hard it is for the grandmas to not get things for the baby, but maybe if you don't discourage that she not purchase anything only that she purchase gender neutral you could compromise.
  • stephysd
    Options
    We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday, and found out it is a girl!!! We are all over the moon excited. After the appointment, we took our sons shopping and let them each pick out one outfit for their sister to bring to the hospital after she was born. They had so much fun and it was the best seeing what they picked out for her.

Baby looked healthy and was right where she should be growth-wise. The placenta was lying low over the cervix and the tech told me I was having contractions the whole time during the ultrasound even though I could not notice them. They have scheduled for a follow-up ultrasound in 8 weeks to make sure that the placenta has moved higher up in the uterus as it expands, which the doctor said it should. It did not appear to be attached over the cervix.

Loved seeing our baby!!
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday, and found out it is a girl!!! We are all over the moon excited. After the appointment, we took our sons shopping and let them each pick out one outfit for their sister to bring to the hospital after she was born. They had so much fun and it was the best seeing what they picked out for her.

Baby looked healthy and was right where she should be growth-wise. The placenta was lying low over the cervix and the tech told me I was having contractions the whole time during the ultrasound even though I could not notice them. They have scheduled for a follow-up ultrasound in 8 weeks to make sure that the placenta has moved higher up in the uterus as it expands, which the doctor said it should. It did not appear to be attached over the cervix.

Loved seeing our baby!!

Awwww congratulations!!!!! What a sweet way to introduce your boys to their little sister. Sending many blessings your way. :bigsmile:
  • hotmomma0612
    Options
    I found today... it's a girl!!! :heart:
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    We're expecting a little girl!!!! Can't wait to meet her!!! :bigsmile:
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Gender reveal is January 11th! Can't wait!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Due May 26th - having a boy! :smile: With one little girl at home.
  • stephysd
    Options
    Congrats to everyone that has found out what they are having, and also to those brave souls who can stand the whole 9 months to be surprised. Hope everyone's 20 week ultrasounds have gone well!
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I had an elective ultrasound on 12/10 and they said it's a girl, but the video looks pretty ambiguous to me so I'm waiting until my anatomy scan on 1/6.
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Due May 26th - having a boy! :smile: With one little girl at home.

We share a due date! I'm sad you already found out, I had my ultrasound last Monday and was told I'm still too early and she couldn't even get all the things she needed because the baby wasn't developed enough :(
  • Lmsvelling
    Lmsvelling Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We are having a girl! We have a girl now so I am hoping they will be super close... they will be 2 years apart! We've had 3 ultrasounds to confirm lol.