No sugar for a year challenge!

Options
Hey guys! :) I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas spending time with friends and family. With new years just around the corner me and some friends have decided to do a no sugar for the year challenge. I just wanted to share the guidelines that we set for ourselves and encourage you to join me in the challenge! :smile:

Okay, so here are the rules that we set:
1. Nothing over 2 grams of sugar per serving
2. We are allowed 4 cheat days out of the whole year.
3. Honey is allowed :D
4. All fruits are allowed!

It would be great if you would like to join the challenge! I've done this for a month before and I felt so amazing at the end and I had so much more energy! You could even try it for just a month, or even a week just to see how it goes. And I know the 2 grams of sugar thing can be pretty intense, so if you'd like you could even allow a little more sugar than that or just go with no refined sugar. If you have some friends or family that join you that can be really motivating as well. For me and my friends we are going to share recipes and try to keep each other accountable! Anyways, I just wanted to share this challenge as I think it's a really awesome idea and it can be a really fun challenge with friends! :smile:

Replies

• AmandaTerry11
    AmandaTerry11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely no restraint for no sugar! lol Especially since my husband is a chocaholic and I have a 8 year old that always seems to have candy from either school or a relative. I commend you in trying such a challenge. Good luck! ;)
  • GKSTcoach
    GKSTcoach Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have stopped eating candy, desserts, etc. I also took out potatoes and white bread. You are right...the more junk I ate, the junkier I felt. Eating right has been so much better! Not sure if I could stay under 2g, but I will pick up the challenge of continuing to avoid junk food (sugar and chips), desserts, soda, etc..., except for special occasions like a friend's bday or a milk shake on a 100 degree day.