New Year, New Runs, New Face

Options
Hello all! I just downloaded Zombies, Run! and am looking forward to using it! I'm in the gearing up for going stage right now as I've been on crutches since July due to torn ligaments (still on them) and am hoping to be cleared for unassisted walking in about 2 weeks. As a former marathoner, I miss running terribly! I'll have to start slow, but I thought Zombies, Run! looked like good fun and seemed to have a graduated program to go from Couch Zero to Zombie-evading Hero. Best luck in all your runs!

Replies

• sharonp12
    sharonp12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i'm sure you will enjoy. It is a great motivater.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I 2nd the above ^^^ I love this app. I used the zombiesrun c25k trainer & moved on to the storyline. It's awesome! Have a great time getting to know the base & running from those pesky zoms.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I think you'll love it. It keeps me coming back for more. :)
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Abel, new Runner #5. :smile:
  • WannaBeCroft
    WannaBeCroft Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I've heard some very good things about Zombies, Run! and am looking forward to it as soon as I can. :happy:
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Hey there, Runner 5! Good luck out there!
  • fuzzylumpkins
    Options
    Hi, I've just done my third Zombie run - it's so addictive. Tonight I used the app while on the treadmill, and it's still pretty cool. I'm hoping this will keep me on track with my running this year.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just done my third Zombie run - it's so addictive. Tonight I used the app while on the treadmill, and it's still pretty cool. I'm hoping this will keep me on track with my running this year.

that's great! I haven't had much success using this app on the treadmill.
  • fuzzylumpkins
    Options
    Yeah, it was good fun doing it on the treadmill, but in spite of setting my pace distance, it didn't record calories, plus I've turned off Zombie chases until I get fitter - I read on the website you need to increase your speed by about 20% to outrun the zombies, and there's no way I can do that at the moment.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Finally got a new phone so I can run Season 2!!!! yup... specifically asked the clerk if the new phone will support Zombies, Run! :) You made a good fitness app choice for sure! :)