GOOD BETTER BEST - Reaffirmation Monday 12.30.13

Options
CrusherKun
CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
Good Morning, and happy last monday of 2013!!!

So...how was everyone's weekend?

My packers were victorious yesterday, and with that, they win the division and will host the 49ers this weekend at lambeau, and I HAVE A TICKET. Oh how glorious this will be! Hopefully my second ticket comes through for my buddy who went with me to the steelers game 2 weekends ago! Weekend was hectic....Friday night and Saturday was Xmas with my parents and the in-laws. It was definately a pig out moment friday night, but i made up for it with a nice long walk in the cold back country of Wisconsin at 10pm. Saturday, due to poor air mattress support and just plain jane tired, no workout, but sunday morning before the games, I went on a nice walk...it was only -9degree windchill.

Today, I reaffirm that I will continue to work towards dropping my weight by healthy choices and moderation when choices are limited. I also reaffirm that I WILL NOT LET NEGATIVE 15 DEGREE TEMPS STOP ME FROM WALKING! I have sat in colder for longer, Just need to be dressed up more for this one. Might have to put on my Carhart Bibs though to get this walk done (thankfully they are still in my jeep from that last packers game!!!)

I want to hear everyones reaffirmations or other goals since this be the time of year for those to be made for the new year!

Happy Monday, and Stay Strong!

CK

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm rooting for the packers, too! Awesome. Awesome. I know you can get your walk in - even in the cold. Do you have good weather resistant shoes for it? They are a pretty price but so worth it in the long run and definitely put on the Bibs. I wear mine alot when it's cold and I'm outside doing outdoor or farm work. I don't have the consistent cold temps you have but it can get down there. My NY day resolution, as it is every year, is to spend as much of it outside and off my butt as possible. Even though I miss out on some football, it is worth it. Luckily this year I have baby pigs being born so I'll be out helping. Better doing that than sitting at work looking at stupid numbers and making stupid phone calls. :)
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    I have a cushioned pair of nike runners....nothing that is very insulated, but, I dont have much problem with my feet getting cold, as much as having traction on ice. I usually can avoid the ice by jumping cause of the long legs, but if i cant i slow up and gingerly step across. I am thinking more and more about a pair of nice hikers for spring and may get them early for winter walks.

So are you a Packer fan or another team?

CK
  • lcgr13
    lcgr13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I reaffirm to only eat when sitting at a table, to reduce mindless eating.

And to drink A LOT of water.
  • celtbell3
    Options
    I love GB ~ they are the best (usually) LOL. I think you should get the hikers. You will find that you enjoy your walks more during the colder months.
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    Awesome! No surprise though....they are Americas team!

I will have to do some shopping and find a pair that works best. One problem I have is finding something I can try on in store. Size 14 wide is hard to find to try on:(
  • celtbell3
    Options
    Where do you usually buy shoes? A 14W, I imagine, would be difficult to find in a store for a specialty shoe such as a good pair of hikers . Do places like TSC carry those sizes? I know that they have offered to bring in kids sizes for my girls (for boots) and if they don't fit, they will keep them in the store to sell. Other hunting stores will usually work with you, too. Definitely would be worth the investment though to have a good quality pair of shoes for working-out, outside, in the weather!
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    TSC? Not familiar with that name. Anyway...i usually buy my shoes online. Prior to this year, I have worn the same pair of work and cross trainers for the past 5 years at least. I now have a pair of work shoes and running shoes to replace them. I do have a few places i could go to get custom ones ordered, just never like going through that hassle. Guess i have to make the time now!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Gotta take care of those tootsies! My bro-in-law wears 15EEE :laugh: he doesn't buy them very often either, they're usually falling apart when I see him.
  • CrusherKun
    Options
    Yeah I hear that....when I say 14 wide....I usually get the 2 or 4 E!