New Year Resolutions - Due Mon 1/6

Options
So how are your New Year Resolutions coming? Any specific to your weightloss journey? What are your plans to stick to your resolutions this year? Get any good Christmas presents that help you on your weightloss journey?

Deadline: Mon 1/6 at midnight

+1 point for each member who participates
+5 points for each team that has each member participate

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    So how are your New Year Resolutions coming? So far so good but just getting started.

Any specific to your weightloss journey? I just want to lose and stop yo-yoing

What are your plans to stick to your resolutions this year? Log, exercise, eat clean

Get any good Christmas presents that help you on your weightloss journey? No, not really anythinb weight loss related.
  • andy_geek
    andy_geek Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My resolutions are:
    - Get to my goal weight by end of this year (I'm about 35 pounds away)
    - Participate in a 5k race
    - Learn the basic forms to Tai Chi
    - Be more diligent in logging to the diary. I've lapsed in the logging starting around October and it's allowed me to be a little more lazy in my day to day dietary management.
    - Help and coach my brother, sister, sister-in-law, nieces, wife in their own fitness journey.
  • MindofShannon
    MindofShannon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My resolutions (health/weight related):

-To get to a weight where I feel comfortable. Be it 160 or 120.
    -Eat less processed foods and more colors.
    -Break my addiction to food.
    -Get my mind in a better place to make this journey and keep it long term.
    -Workout 3-5x per week.
    -Log, blog and status update.
  • spring423
    Options
    Here goes...

Cook more, eat out less
    Eat low carb dinners
    Move daily
    Be consistent with tracking

Trying to keep it simple! Ultimately hoping these small lifestyle changes will add up to 45 pounds or so throughout the year.

And I did get a heavy bag for Christmas...hitting it is a great stress reliever :)
  • Leebett
    Leebett Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I don't do resolutions, but I do plan to recommit to my new lifestyle. Logging, water, movement & Me.

#1 Logging - log everything. It really does work!
    #2 Water - drink lots of it. I always feel better when I'm hydrated.
    #3 Movement - Running 3x per week, no excuses. Horses - 1 or 2x per week cause I love it

#4 Once a month something for me - massage, manicure, pedicure, hair cut etc.
  • SlimDownWithChristina
    Options
    My resolutions are:

* To stick to my plans throughout the year
    * Cook more and eat out less- I received a juicer and a Panini press for Christmas so I hope to use those often.
    * Drink more water!..
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    So how are your New Year Resolutions coming?
    Any specific to your weightloss journey? - Drink more water, weigh/measure as much as possible because I've slipped on that recently, log everything, get more sleep, increase my activity level.

What are your plans to stick to your resolutions this year? - I know I need to finally keep on track & get this weight off because my joints are starting to hurt from the weight.

Get any good Christmas presents that help you on your weightloss journey? - I bought myself a new digital kitchen scale to help with portioning
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I plan to be at my goal weight of 150 by my 50th birthday in October. That is my huge goal for 2014! and I plan to be there and stay there!
    Please let me know what team I am on for 2014. Thanks
  • willtry08
    willtry08 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am really excited about losing this weight. I really feel this is MY YEAR!
    Regarding weight loss resolutions, I've mapped out a plan to be at my goal weight by the end of the year. I've set mini-goals for each week so I'll know within seven days if I'm straying and can make the necessary changes to get back on track. I put a lot of time into this "goal map" of mine but I left some wiggle room for adjustments. I'm thinking I got it all figured out ;)
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't usually do resolutions either ..but I do plan on :

drinking more water
    tracking my exercise better - I downloaded a year of blank tracking forms (it tracks how you felt before and after and what you did at what intensity and so on .) Also great since I am lifting a bit and want to keep track of that .
    taking better care of my skin is also something I want to do .

Amy
  • sunshinesacoming
    sunshinesacoming Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My resolutions are:-
    Drink at least 1.5 litres of water per day.
    Not to drink any alcohol for the month of January
    Log onto MFP every day so i am mindful of what I am eating.
  • BeTheChange2015
    BeTheChange2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My resolutions are:

Not to go over my calories on MFP.
    To exercise 6 days a week.
    To drink more water.
    To eat more veggies and fruit.
    To hit my goal weight by December 2014
  • cherries12345
    cherries12345 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My health related resolutions :
    To be more patient with others
    To be more positive and not let anybody get to me
    To track my food on MFP and not quit if I mess up
    To have a flat stomach by the beggining of summer vacation
  • pglaf
    pglaf Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My plan is to get to my goal weight this year and to do so in a healthy way.

A few things I got for Christmas to help me with my weight loss goals are a light and healthy cook book, I'm looking forward to trying some of those recipes.

I also got a Bosu ball with a workout DVD and Santa brought a stationary bike for my family :)

This is the year that I lose my weight and keep it off.
  • manal2288
    manal2288 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    my plan is

keep tracking everyday

lose 25 kgs

exercise daily
  • Mollyalice
    Mollyalice Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My healthy resolutions are to incorporate more fruits/veggies into my life and eat more raw vegan meals. For christmas, I got a food processor! Hurray!!

I also plan to exercise more often and complete my first tough mudder in October!
  • halloweenie09
    halloweenie09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! Here are my resolutions for 2014 (both weight loss related and non)

1. Cook more, eat out less.
    2. Workout out 4 - 6x a week
    3. Complete a half marathon
    4. Say YES more (to social and active activities)!
    5. Continue with logging and drinking water.
    6. Reach goal weight by December 2014
    7. Save more, spend less
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Get back to logging everything, plan my day in advance, get in more water!
  • TuBBaSHRiMP
    Options
    Happy 2014!

So, here goes my resolutions
    1. Get to my weight loss goal by December 31,2014 of 120. This is about 80lbs. I know it's a big loss, but I'm in for the Big change.
    2. Eating healthier and at home more often.not eating pre-prepared food.
    3. Becoming a great example for my children.
  • 6bizymom
    6bizymom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So how are your New Year Resolutions coming? I don't really make resolutions, but I guess it would be to keep my family close as my kids are crossing into adulthood, lots of adjustments with 6 kids that are 14-23 yrs old.
    Any specific to your weightloss journey? To hit 80 pounds lost by summer and maybe even hit 100 pounds by end of the year. And KEEP it off for good this time!!
    What are your plans to stick to your resolutions this year? Keep working out daily and up the workout
    Get any good Christmas presents that help you on your weightloss journey? Found some new work outs online that I am trying.