Some Sort Of Challenge?

Options
crzyjess84
crzyjess84 Posts: 22 Member
It's almost the new year and I see so many challenges on the forums.
I would love to join them, but I think it would a little unfair as I have an advantage over them. And was even told this by one challenge I tried to join.

So what do you all think about starting a 2014 challenge.

Not necessarily for weight lose, maybe exercise, or personal goals, or eating, something to help us support each other and to check in on one another on a weekly basis.

some other suggestions??

I am apart of two other sleeve/bariatric groups and I will post this there, maybe we can start a nice little group in the next couple days!!!

<3

Replies

• therejohn
    therejohn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great idea - I suggest a move it challenge where we each set our own movement/fitness goals for a week/month.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Love the idea Theresa. I will say though, those seem to be the hardest challenges to get people to report back on. Maybe if we tied it to people meeting/beating their assigned activity by MFP? Or setup various threads. One for users of Pedometers. Have them record mileage for the month and see how many miles the group has walked? Set a group goal of say San Francisco to Chicago and see how long it takes the group to put in the mileage?

Do a world tour. Let the mileage get you to various places and keep the challenge going through the year. I'll bet somebody has pictures of various places (like Paris, ahem) to liven up the threads?

I would like to see one of the Sleeve groups get a bit more active. Sounds like this may be a way to do it, with the moderators assistance. Except the creator/moderator hasn't logged on in 5 months. May require what the OP suggested, a new group, although I'd really like to keep it a thread on an active group.
  • Sociologist2013
    Sociologist2013 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I am bringing my treadmill in from the shed tomorrow to start back walking. Im game for anything:-)
  • crzyjess84
    crzyjess84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dward, would you be interested in maybe starting something?
    Like you said the moderator hasn't been very active...
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    For anyone interested, we have created a WLS Exercise Challenge Group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18450-wls-exercise-challenge

All are welcome!
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I started a Couch to 5K today. I downloaded the app on my phone and pushed the button and it told me what to do. I am excited to be headed in the right direction.