Run/Walk Goals for January 2014

Options
2»

Replies

• bootcey
    bootcey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome All. I so happy to see so many of your taking this challenge with me...you guys are motivation me to get moving. My goals are to run/walk a couple of 5ks and at least 1 10k this summer. I want running to be enjoyable and not to feel like a chore. Lets keep motivating each other and have some fun.
  • kimbelder
    kimbelder Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anybody walking / jogging today? It's rainy and a little cold but I'm hoping for a break to get in at least a short walk.
  • bootcey
    Options
    kimbelder I think I'm going to walk on the treadmill today.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I would like to try for 60 miles in January.
  • bootcey
    Options
    Welcome scherzie let's do it!:smile:
  • YouAreYourChoices
    YouAreYourChoices Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Jackz and I would like to try for the 60 miles for the month of Jan. as well. =) My new fitbit should be hear in a week or so, so hopefully once it comes tracking my miles will be even easier.
  • bootcey
    Options
    Jackz I heard about the fitbit let me know how it works for you.
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am having hip and achilles problems so can't run right now :frown: if my new pedometer works I am going to aim for the recommended 10,000 steps daily...
  • bootcey
    Options
    Awesome goal runner115. Welcome.:drinker:
  • ame43
    ame43 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My goal will be 50 miles of combined walking and running. I ran and finished my first complete 5 k on Mothers Day 2013. :smile:
  • ame43
    Options
    Hello Bootcey and Everyone!! I am excited to be a part of this group.
  • bootcey
    Options
    Welcome Ame43. You can do. Are you scheduling another race? I tend to stay more motivated know that I have an event coming up? Again welcome and have fun.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My name is Jolee and I am also from cold Alberta, actually windy southern Alberta, I will take the challenge to run/walk 50 miles.
  • SherryIsRunner5
    SherryIsRunner5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!! Are we posting what we did at the end of the month, weekly?? Thanks!
  • ame43
    Options
    Bootcey- thanks for organizing this group. Yes I plan to participate in another race soon. I know you commented that you run-great job!! :smile:
  • edrwelty
    edrwelty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    60 miles for me ;)
  • LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    hello all, I been looking for a walking/running challenge. Im going to go with 50 miles since it is the 4th already.
  • angiedwill
    angiedwill Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Count me in guys!!! I have been looking for a place to be accountable for my walking. I think this is just the place. I got a treadmill at home now so it will be much easier for me to get it all in!!! LET'S DO THIS!!!!

My goal for January is 50 miles!! Only 48 more to go!!