heart beat!

Options
amyjpage
amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
today was my second pre-natal check up (14w4d) and we got to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time!! We have seen the heart beat on the ultrasound screens, but this was the first time we could hear it! I started crying (as per usual) out of relief and happiness.

What a great way to start the day!

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! I have my first appointment tomorrow and I cannot wait to hear that little thump thump:)
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    that's awesome!!! So exciting, eh? :) What was the bpm?

I heard our little one's a couple weeks ago. it was 155 bpm. :)
  • amyjpage
    Options
    I think the doctor said 160 bpm - but I was so overwhelmed, I wasn't fully paying attention!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Just went today! Heartbeat was a strong 153:) It was so amazing to see him/her wiggling around and kicking his/her legs out. We get to go in a month to find out the sex!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Just went today! Heartbeat was a strong 153:) It was so amazing to see him/her wiggling around and kicking his/her legs out. We get to go in a month to find out the sex!

Same here! So exciting!!! :happy:
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I had my NT scan on 12/10 (see avatar) and the baby was kicking all over the place. heart beat was 155bpm. I can't wait to find out the sex but probably won't be until 20 weeks. My next appointment is just a check up.. no scan (16wks)
  • BrainOnAStick
    BrainOnAStick Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've heard the heartbeat twice now. It's pretty cool, eh?!

Also, I thought some of you may find this humorous (I did): I did my NT scan in India. (My MIL is a ob-gyn there.) Anyway, my MIL, the radiologist, his assistant, my husband and I are all in a small room gathered around the U/S machine. And the radiologist points out that the baby was giving us all a namaste, with its hands in front of her/him in a prayerful position. We had a great chuckle at this. The kid was saying hi!

I hope you're each well!
  • amyjpage
    Options
    Namaste!! That is awesome!! What a great story you'll be able to share for years to come!

Nice to see you back on the message boards, hope you're feeling well!
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    Aww so cute. I've been waiting to feel the baby move, which should start happening after 16 weeks. Anyone else felt movements?

Did anyone find out the sex of their baby yet? I have my 20-week ultrasound on January 31st, but I still don't want to know the sex. Would love to know if others found out and how it compared to their prediction....
  • amyjpage
    Options
    I think I may have felt baby moving the other day ... but it was so slight, and I haven't felt it since then, it's possible that it wasn't actually baby!

Next ultrasound is Jan 17 - and hopefully we will learn if we're having a boy or girl! I really cannot wait! I'll be 19w5 on that day! (almost half way!!!)

It is starting to feel so much more real now. I think I've passed the stage of "has she gained weight?" to "she is definitely pregnant!" and we have slowly started getting the baby's room together!

Hope all is well and that everyone is feeling good!!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Heard the baby's heartbeat today again! :) It was 145, down from 155. :)

I felt the baby moving at the middle/end of week 15 and then during week 16. It was so faint at first that I wasn't sure. I haven't felt anything for the past week though so he/she must have shifted to a less sensitive position. Can't wait until he or she moves back!

The pregnant or fat stage is unfortunately still here for me. Hoping that will leave soon!

We're going to find out if it's a boy or a girl on January 9th! So excited! At first we were both certain it's a girl, but now I'm not so certain. :) Don't worry though, I will let you know!
  • SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thats great to hear Suzanne.Even i heard it last friday and it was truly an awesome feeling to feel having a life inside you.My heartbeat came out to be 175,it was 180 in the last appointment.