New Year Starters and Restarters!

Options
Well, I'm still lost in a chocolatey-cheesey-mince pie haze of Christmas.... but gearing myself up to be starting on January 2nd! not the first as we are away for the New Year with friends.

Messed around with MFP before but looking to do this right this time, 3 holidays in summer and embarking on a new career in September! Looking for total weightloss of about 8 stone, though I know that any reduction is going to help me feel good :-)

So any fellow New Year starters give a shout out, tell me what positive things/plans you have & add me as a friend if you like!

One of my plans - working with kids I've had LOADS of choc as gifts, so giving those away to a friend who runs a small charity so she can use them for raffles etc. in the New Year. Keeping the good box of Green and Blacks for myself though ;-) the mini dark bars will be good for a choc fix without ruining good intentions. She can have the Quality Street!!! xx

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    LOL. Good luck. You can do this. :smile:
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Why wait til the 2nd? I started on Friday! I don't usually find the New Year too much of an issue food-wise, so got my eating and drinking out of the way over Christmas!
    Going well so far...
    Have restarted after gaining about 20lbs last year and not being able to shift it during 2013 due to various issues.

Could do with a few new friends to keep me motivated this time!
  • bramley1911
    bramley1911 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting as of the 6th Jan, trying to be good until then but a crazy week at work and my gym not being open when I could get doesn't give me the best start to the year.

I have an agreement with my best friend that we'll gym together at least twice a week after work to keep us both motivated, but could do with a few more people to keep me going.
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    I like your keeping the darker variety of chocolate, I use a piece or two here and there as its slow burning and keeps you sane!
    All the best with your journey
  • Malteaster
    Malteaster Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again, I gave up on MFP in the middle of the year because I was getting too obsessed with it. I have about a stone and a half to lose, 2 stone would be great but I'm not sure I could maintain it.
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    January 1st... are we all raring to go?!
  • charlotteeleanor
    charlotteeleanor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had a day on track, logged and everything, a day earlier than I said! Mainly due to being hungover and not able to eat hahaha!!! So had some chocolate and tea in front of the telly this evening, a real treat :-) xx
  • Tabytha13
    Tabytha13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm counting today as Day 1 (although like so many I'm not new to MFP - I'm a re-starter)

I Looked back at the reports on here today, my current weight gain started from 26th October, 3900g (9lbs) in almost 10 weeks. :-( not as bad as it could have been but I'm still kicking myself. My goal is to get rid of it quicker than it went on!!

The frustrating this is, I had managed to weigh just 7lbs more than my goal weight before I went on holiday in August, but I think my complacency since then has been working against me :-(

I have re-installed the MFP app onto my phone today so that I can log what I'm eating easier but looking at the groups & blogs will still have to be done on my laptop so I may not post much ... but .... anyone can add me as a friend and we can all motivate each other to reach our goals and celebrate a successful 2014!
    x
  • ell5bell5
    ell5bell5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Re starter here ! I Also got a little too obsessed with it, and too downhearted when things wernt going right, well, the chocolates are gone, no more parties, let's try get back into the swing of it all :)
  • chocs_away
    chocs_away Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting too...... just one more festive family meal tomorrow to go....

I was gifted a fitbit for Christmas, looks like a good way to challenge myself to do more each day
  • fothers365
    fothers365 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started again yesterday too and would love some new friends if anyone wants to add me. I am hoping to shift 8-10kg.

I have a fitbit ultra which I love but might treat myself to one of the fitbit forces when they get released.
  • lilytop14
    lilytop14 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Re-starter here too!
    New year, new start, new profile!
    I have also got rid of all the 'bad food' in the house and I'm planning on a lifestyle change, not a 'diet', so eat will be eating healthily and in moderation and trying to get some daily exercise,
    I've not got much to lose, but being only 5ft tall, those extra 10lbs make a difference,

Lets do this!
  • Freya4A
    Options
    Hello Restarter here too. I hope by sticking to this site, login every day, watch what I eat and if I do go off the rails, I will always climb back on again straight away. Forgive myself and move on.
    Freya4A
    xx
  • Tee2072
    Tee2072 Posts: 15
    Options
    Not really a re-starter, more of a re-discpliner!

I've been doing it off and on for months and have got just over 1.5 stone to go to my goal, so I am putting myself into a self discipline plan as of yesterday!

Good luck everyone!
  • hdelamore
    hdelamore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting too- completely fell off the wagon in 2013, and am just hobbling back onto it now.

Have about 3 stone to lose,but my main aim is to fit back into my old clothes.

:)
  • mgoulsbra
    mgoulsbra Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Restarter here too. After success in 2012 I didn't really track last year and have put on more than I would have liked. Ready to start afresh now that the new year is here.
  • MaryLou2004
    Options
    and yet another restarter... well let's say i've not recorded my food/exercise for the last few weeks but have just reined myself in. had what i liked over christmas but nothing to excess. one mince pie, not six, long drinks, not shorts and i lost 1lb over that week. did have a couple of walks (strolling) so maybe the combination helped.

a few years ago i too gave away all high fat/high sugar goodies from my cupboards - i too into work 2 carrier bags of choclate goodies, pringles, nuts and even the christmas cake! they loved it but I just got rid. i lost a stone that January. well done for giving the goodies away. we all have far too much and eat it way passed the festive season. Christmas is 2 days and NY is one night - enjoy that and then back to normal.

i've got a healthy competition at work with 2 fellow slimming lovelies - one is doing the slimming world programme, one the 'i know what i'm doing so it'll come off' programme and i'm doing MFP. we're weighing in every monday at work and we'll see how we do week by week. we do this for a living so we must know how to but it's just doing it!

good luck all new starters, restarters and those who managed to continue over the silly season.
    Happy New Year to all!
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've had my christmas break and am ready to get back to it. I have five kids, the youngest being 8 weeks and am just ready to start exercising regularly again. I've got at least 35lbs to lose. Add me :)
  • em1821
    em1821 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting too - put on 4.5lbs over christmas (gulp) so am back on the wagon. Looking to try the 5:2 diet - has anyone else tried this?
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting. Kept losing and gain the same few kgs throughout 2013 so aim not to do it this year.