We did it!!

Options
JagerLewis
JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
I hope that everyone had a great Christmas! We had a wonderful one with lots of family, friends, good food, and wine. :smile: I wasn't able to hit my goal. I had only 6 pounds to go. My goal was to lose 32# and I only lost 26#. I'm not too disappointed though, I am wearing my 6's and got a whole lot of compliements over the last few days. Where is everyone else at? Did you reach your goal?
I want to thank each and everyone of you that supported each other since we started way back in August. I also want to wish each and everyone of you a Happy New Year filled with happiness and health!!

Replies

• dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I hope that everyone had a great Christmas! We had a wonderful one with lots of family, friends, good food, and wine. :smile: I wasn't able to hit my goal. I had only 6 pounds to go. My goal was to lose 32# and I only lost 26#. I'm not too disappointed though, I am wearing my 6's and got a whole lot of compliements over the last few days. Where is everyone else at? Did you reach your goal?
    I want to thank each and everyone of you that supported each other since we started way back in August. I also want to wish each and everyone of you a Happy New Year filled with happiness and health!!

You've been such a great cheerleader for all of us during this challenge! Congrats on your achievements and yay for all the positive compliments!
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I didn't make my goal either. With all the holiday fun, I held fairly steady at 154 during the last two and a half weeks of the challenge, when I was hoping to be at 150 by Christmas Day. But I'm glad I set a goal and worked towards it--it's been good practice for me! And the number on the scale doesn't really matter when it compares to how much healthier I feel, all the positive feedback I've gotten from the people in my life, and the knowledge that I'm making good changes in my life.

My next goal is to run my first half-marathon in April. By that point, I think I'll be close to my goal weight, but I know that won't be the end of my journey--just the end of one chapter.

Good luck to everyone else and congrats on how far you've come already!
  • Diligent1a
    Diligent1a Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you. You have worked extremely hard and you have both had some great results.

I managed to hit my goal and a little more but I still have a way to go. Christmas was fab and I am looking forward to seeing what the new year will bring.
  • JagerLewis
    Options

You've been such a great cheerleader for all of us during this challenge! Congrats on your achievements and yay for all the positive compliments!
    Thank you for such a great compliment!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    I didn't make my goal either. With all the holiday fun, I held fairly steady at 154 during the last two and a half weeks of the challenge, when I was hoping to be at 150 by Christmas Day. But I'm glad I set a goal and worked towards it--it's been good practice for me! And the number on the scale doesn't really matter when it compares to how much healthier I feel, all the positive feedback I've gotten from the people in my life, and the knowledge that I'm making good changes in my life.

My next goal is to run my first half-marathon in April. By that point, I think I'll be close to my goal weight, but I know that won't be the end of my journey--just the end of one chapter.

Good luck to everyone else and congrats on how far you've come already!
    You've done great!! Good luck on a great training towards your 1/2 marathon!
    You sound a bit like me, as soon as I hit one goal, I need to make another...I know you'll reach your goals!
  • JagerLewis
    Options
    Congrats to both of you. You have worked extremely hard and you have both had some great results.

I managed to hit my goal and a little more but I still have a way to go. Christmas was fab and I am looking forward to seeing what the new year will bring.
    Awesome job to hitting your goal and surpassing it!!!! :happy: I'm very proud of you!!! Glad to hear you've had a great Christmas. This upcoming year can only be better than this year. We are all thinner and healthier!!!!
  • westmor
    westmor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi - well done everyone! I am only 2.5lbs short of my goal, so not too disappointed, I've lost over 50lbs now! It was lovely to have a Christmas where I could wear whatever I wanted and feel really confident, I am even looking forward to the New Year Celebrations. Thank you so much to you all for all your support and encouragement, I literally couldn't have done it without you! :-) xx
  • Diligent1a
    Diligent1a Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Westmor, that is a stunning update. So pleased that you were able to enjoy the festive season and even better to hear that you are so close to your goal.

I am very proud of everyone for the effort people have put in. Hopefully, we will all stay strong and continue towards our individual goals in 2014.