New Year Starters and Restarters!

Options

Replies

• Sharpe2103
    Sharpe2103 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Restarting this year... Up and down last year so really going to try and make it stick this year. Signed up to do the London To Paris bike ride in September so i have got something to work towards :happy:

Good luck to all that are starting, or restarting!:smile:
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've maintained over the last 6 months and want to lose the rest this year. I was given a lot of cheese for Christmas though...
  • CoreyJBooth
    Options
    I have been on and off calorie counting for a couple of years now but I intend to stick to it this time!
    I'm from the valleys of south wales so all you UK people feel free to add me :)
  • trevebyn
    trevebyn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a restarter as I have gained 8kg in the last 2 months. Time to shift it and another 10kg before the summer. Fee free to add me and see if we can motivate each other on this long journey
  • JCLondonUK
    Options
    Newbie here - I'm a starter, and have just found this forum etc, which looks fantastic! Hello everyone! :-)

I think I need to lose maybe two stone, but I don't actually know how much I weigh (new scales are arriving tomorrow) or what an ideal weight for a 5'4" woman is, so I'm just guessing in my profile at the moment.

I stopped smoking last Easter, after a 30-year pack-a-day habit, so I guess this is a natural progression from that. I'm really excited about it! And I'm sure this forum and the iPhone app will help.

Looking forward to joining in. :-)
  • LADYFAHMY
    Options
    Hi all
    Im a newbie. Need to lose some baby weight. Also over indulged over the Christmas period, which made me put on a few more pounds.

I plan to cycle and do some xbox led (my fitness evolved) exercises when I can't get out with the baby. Need to lose 59lbs...... friends and motivators needed. Add me :smile:
  • michaelablueeyes
    michaelablueeyes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im total re starter... my problem is finding the time for exercise! ive tryied waking at 5 am but my body refuses.

I need to get into the right mind set.
  • angel1776
    angel1776 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie....

I am happy I finally found this site as never managed to find one before that had what I was looking for.

I am in a spiritual group and everyone is making themselves a Blessings jar. Every day, write something you feel blessed by and pop it in the jar. If you have a down day, you can always read back some of your blessings to remind you of some happy thoughts and feelings. (Might forego the jar and just post on my diary on here)

So..... my NY resolutions are to stop pratting around and force myself to find my willpower!!

1. A serious look at my diet and my first goal is to get back to 13st (as I was only two years ago) final goal is to be a size 12 or 14 as i know it's achievable and I'll be happy with it.

2. STOP Bloomin SMOKING!!!!!!!

3. Attain sobrierty for a whole year! (Used to be teetotal until 2004 so should be able to conquer this one eventually)

4. Find a permanent proper job using my quals and skills (need to sort out my nerves for this one)

Feeling pretty upbeat about this since finding this site :)

So hopefully will have something good to write in my diary each week.

Good luck everyone.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Newbie here - I'm a starter, and have just found this forum etc, which looks fantastic! Hello everyone! :-)

I think I need to lose maybe two stone, but I don't actually know how much I weigh (new scales are arriving tomorrow) or what an ideal weight for a 5'4" woman is, so I'm just guessing in my profile at the moment.

I stopped smoking last Easter, after a 30-year pack-a-day habit, so I guess this is a natural progression from that. I'm really excited about it! And I'm sure this forum and the iPhone app will help.

Congratulations on the smoking, I quit the *kitten* before starting on the weight, I don't think I could have done both at the same time!
  • Eloira
    Eloira Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm a restarter here :P I have the same problem with finding time to exercise, wake at 6 lave 6.30 home by 8pm darn uni and work!

New year reso's:

1. Lose 20lbs by june (little I know but makes me believe I can do it :D )
    2. try archery
    3. Save 500 by december
    4. Have no overdraft by June
    5. Finally finish uni, and get a job in science which is local (LOOOOOOL)

I'm secretly hoping to lose more than 20lbs by June lol
    Could do with some more UK friends ^_^
  • perrymick
    perrymick Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Newbie here, started using MFP yesterday.

I'm looking to get a hold of my calorie intake and to start doing some regular exercise.

All the best for 2014
  • lisaloo10
    Options
    Re starter here!!!! Had great success last summer managed to keep most of it off then had a lazy few months. Need to get back on it now. I'm doing 15 minuets of yoga a day before bed to relax and get toned, walking my dog everyday after work , monitoring my pedometer at work. I have a desk job so have to actively get up and go for a walk. I'm also starting cross fit on Monday with my friend. I have friends who go and are so strong and toned, skinny is not for me - strong girls do it best! Plus the more muscle you have the more calories you burn. Feel free to add me, bring on 2014 we will succeed x
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting, after having about 6 months off. I've gained a lot of weight back through drinking, chocolate and lots of other stuff.

I've given myself lots of little goals this time. Some I know are going to be harder than others.
    ~ Cut down on processed carbs (sugar, wheat) because they always make me feel bloated.
    ~ Cut down on alcohol. I'd like to go two days a week in a row without any but two days a week that aren't together will do me.
    ~ Exercise 6 days a week. Starting small with things like the Daily Exercise apps at 5 mins and the 'Chicken Fat' song. Once that's not kicking my *kitten*. Work it up a gear.

:)
  • OJLight
    OJLight Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    restarting here again...feeling happy and motivated ! feel free to befriend me :p
  • JCLondonUK
    Options

Congratulations on the smoking, I quit the *kitten* before starting on the weight, I don't think I could have done both at the same time!

Thanks! :-)
    Actually, stopping smoking was a doddle, because of the wonderful new invention of electronic cigarettes. So I'm still hooked on nicotine, but my habit is now much healthier - and cheaper! I spend some of my gains on an exercise bike, which I'm really enjoying, and a juicer, which makes delicious drinks!
  • phoebs16
    phoebs16 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel about the sweet gifts! I also work with children, and the gifts are lovely but very tempting lol! I'm also a cake decorater so there's always scraps of sponge and icing around. Strangely enough tho, when I am busy working on a cake I eat less. I'm a perfectionist and can't leave a cake half-done lol!

Chat soon
    Rachel
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting too, I lost almost 40lbs last year, but stopped counting after life got on top of me at the end of September and totally overindulged myself over Christmas. I weighed myself yesterday and had gained 13lbs since my last weight in (Beginning of September).

Goals for this year;

- Lose 50lbs (that's goal 1)
    - Shake my addiction to Mayonnaise
    - Quit smoking (last cigarette was the 29th December)
    - Learn to drive (my first lesson is on Wednesday!)
    - Get fit and start enjoying exercise again!
    - Pass my second year of uni
    - Find a part-time job
    - Plan a holiday

I think these are all reasonable goals, my biggest problem is staying mindful of my goals and declining things I don't really want and certainly don't need. I'm definitely an evening snacker and even if I resist the urge to nibble on things throughout the evening, come bedtime I'll have to eat something or I wont be able to sleep. I cook the majority of my meals from scratch, which can also be a pain with calorie counting as the weighing and entering every ingredient separately gets very tedious.

At the moment I walk quite a lot, as least 40 minutes each day with my commute to uni. I'd like to increase my walks and stick on the 2lbs per week goal until I reach goal weight 1, then I'll join the gym (sooner if I feel more comfortable in my body.) I don't think I'm particularly unfit, though I know my fitness could be vastly improved but it's mainly a confidence issue for me and a bad experience would put me off ever going back!

Add me if you have 50lbs+ to lose, or body confidence issues =)

Good luck everyone!
  • heth120
    heth120 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I too am restarting this year, mostly owing to the fact that come March I'll be closer to 50 than 40 and need to be reasonably fit to do my job...or at least be able to climb stairs!
    My name is Heather, I'm 5'3" and I have 100lb to lose. Having tried (and failed at) many diets, I have finally decided that enough is enough and I need to tackle my weight (and lack of exercise) properly! I have started to exercise every day (building up to 30 minutes at a time for my first goal) and log my food honestly (instead of 'forgetting' to add those extra little treats) and am hoping this time to make a real go of it. Hope you all achieve your personal goals - my first weight goal is to get below 200 :D. Good luck and feel free to add me. :D
  • B_S_L
    B_S_L Posts: 3
    Options
    Monday 6th Jan will be my day one, I haven't got a detailed plan yet of what I'll be doing, hope to mix up some dog walking with some gym work and hopefully start the Insanity workout.

Good luck everyone!