January ;)

Vini9
Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
So here we are looking at a whole new year. One that will bring changes some good, some bad. I have been here for more then a year with little to show for it but I have learned so much that I feel my year 2013 was over all a good year. There were often times when I thought why. Why do I bother? Why try? What is the use? Really, I just don't want to workout. And the more important question is it worth it? But for me when I take a good hard look in the mirror this is not who I want to be. Not just my body even though I want to change it but also to change all of me.

My goals have slightly shifted. I see someone who does enjoy the workout and the challenges it brings me. I see people (my kids too) looking to me for information and inspiration. I see a woman who wants to beat my demons, my endless thoughts of why can't you do this, why even bother. I want to feel confident when I walk into a room and feel people watching me because of who I am not how I look. When I see my body I wonder what will it look like and what changes that have taken place or will take place. I mean I really have to look, past my fat, past my scars, past the stretch marks, pass it all and see me for who I am. I only have one body, one chance or a hundred to change it. But I WILL do it and I will try harder each day because in the end its me who wants the change and the power I can give myself to make it happen.

I am grateful that you want to take this journey with me to see how far we can go. I like to see us encouraging each other and pushing to do more. I love the support, but at the end of the day or the next morning it's me I really have to face in the mirror. I want to be happy with who I see inside and out. I will do this and I will win my battles. All I can do is push play, and log my food. I hope you are with me and have goals of you own I'd love to hear them.

I have my own challenging goals of strength I want to have but they are written and not listed here. ;) sometime I have the chance I will type them in but I have to warn you they are many :-D Happy New Year! Here is to a truly hard, healthy body.

Replies

• Vini9
    I always do this..... But look for my workouts coming soon to you starting Monday. LOL
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Happy New Year! I love the post Vini! We grow so much in other areas and forget to look at them. I'm glad you looked at the whole package!
  • lucy_878
    lucy_878 Posts: 91 Member
    Happy New Year ladies. Vini your post was excellent. I am grateful for the support and also watching how we are changing....it's not just about weight change, but changing our minds and our spirits. We are believing in ourselves and feeling encouraged. I feel inspired by how we have not given up.
  • Vini9
    I think I am going to get my butt kicked in the am. I can just tell lol. It's been awhile since I have worked out and I also have to switch it up to am or late evening not sure which to do. I really am not a morning person and In the evening I'm afraid of the dark. Not really but I don't like having to be outside at night by myself. Our workout studio is next to the house. I wanna make sure I do my workouts so it will probably be in the morning. I really miss my workouts and am excited but dreading it all the same it's going to be freezing out, we do have heat but it only works when above 30 degrees. Not going to happen it's going to be 5 and Tuesday -4. I also have TOM, came this morning :( You know what they say when life gives you lemons make lemonade. So I'm going to go drink some lemonade and get my butt in bed so I can move in the morning. Keep pushing play ladies :)
  • Vini9
    So yay I did my workout for Monday in the morning but I was way weaker then I thought I should be. Very disappointed in myself only cause I waited so long. I was glad to be back though.
    I did not workout today. So sad. It was fire 45 too. But my sons school was cancelled because it was so cold and windy. My daughter woke up at 5am with a bad dream. And didn't fall asleep till 7:30am at which time my youngest woke up and started our day. They then decided not to take naps. Which is why I changed my workout time till morning or night. My hubby got called to work so I can't do it now. :( I like someone to be in the house with the kids in case they wake from a dream or whatnot. Even though I'm just right outside. So I guess really that's life. I'll do fire 45 tomorrow. Keep pushing yourself. ;)
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Hello ladies!

I've started a new schedule...going through some changes, reevaluating some of my life's decisions. I am now studying to retake my certification exam for Surgical Tech. It's what I used to do before I had the kids. So, for the past 2 days I've been striving for the 5:00am workout. I've been snoozing a lot and my workout today was at 5:30 and yesterday at 5:20. Anyway, this time I've set my alarm for 4:30, in hopes to get downstairs at 5:00. I love working out early in the morning before everyone is awake. I get so much more done now and the early a.m. exercise sets the tone for clean healthy eating. I'm not striving for perfection, just consistency. I've been doing Turbo Fire this week and I hope to do Body Beast: Build Legs tomorrow.

I love that you're all still on here and checking in once in a while, it keeps me motivated to continue and to power through all the obstacles.

G'night ladies!
  • lucy_878
    lucy_878 Posts: 91 Member
    Hey Good people!

Just checking in again. So I officially started my Focus T25 yesterday. Last week I had the flu and then my basement flooded because of the cold (pipe burst). That is where I workout but that is all coming together so I can workout again! That Shaun T is a doozy! He don't play! LOL! It is clear that we are all Beachbody people. Even though we are not always doing TF, we are doing something Beachbody related. I enjoy their workouts a lot. So my plan this year is to do all of my Beachbody workouts (Focus T25, Turbo Fire, Chalene Extreme and Hip Hop Abs). I have to be easy and often work with Aly and Tonya (the modifiers), but either way I am getting a good workout.

Stel, way to go in pursuing your career endeavors. I remember those A.M. workouts! I think I will be going back to doing them at 4:30am as well. My schedule is getting crazy again. Vini I hope you are able to get back on target with your workouts, it will all come together for us. We are a pretty tough bunch and stick together for motivation.

Til next time my MFP friends!

Lucy
  • preshusgem
    Hi Lucy, So good to hear from you. Pipe burst? OMG. I'm going through that right now (not at my house) but at my mother's house. She's been staying at her sister's ( a few blocks away) cuz Dementia was kicking in for her oldest sis and was trying to take care of her. Anyway, when we had that deep freeze last week...something must've happened (obviously) because she rec'd a $600.00 water bill! I went over there this morning and sure enough I heard the sound of a waterfall coming from the bathroom. It's a single floor ranch, no basement, one bathroom. I called the plumber and of course, he couldn't come out today so I'll be back there again tomorrow morning. My house is about a 30 minute drive to my mother's. So, I haven't been able to get any studying done. Trying to go with the flow. I did turn off the water and I'll be meeting up with the insurance adjuster in a couple days. This is when I know I'm getting older....not only I'm taking care of my own family with young kids but now I add my elderly mother to the mix. I know this isn't fitness related...I just needed to vent. I've been really great at getting up for my 5:00am workouts.

This week, I have started Body Beast. I'm doing the Lean Beast program. On cardio days (1-2), I will do Turbo Fire's HIIT 30 instead of Beast Cardio. Although, I may try it out just to see what it's about. I'm loving these Beast workouts. Yesterday was Build Chest/Tris and today was Build: Shoulders. The 40 minutes on shoulder flew like crazy. Tomorrow am, I will be doing Build Back/Bi's.

Hello Vini & Connie! Take care all! Keep pressing "play"! I'm also glad we still have eachother to lean on and that we are all doing some kind of Beachbody program.
  • Vini9
    Hi Ladies,
    Having fun working out? Lol, I am so freakin sore. Why do I do this to myself? It hurts so good. I actually don't mind being sore it tells me I worked hard and pushed myself. At frist it really sucked doing TF over again because the moves seemed foreign to me and I kept getting lost. I have them down now. Till the next group of videos I haven't done in forever. My morning workouts just aren't happening. I got to work on this, shoot for one day a week then move on to two.
    Stel, what do you think of body beast? I know you enjoyed legs, do you enjoy the rest. Cardio isn't to bad but I got bored with it that's why I moved turbo into it.
    Lucy, I'd say your set for the year :) beachbody has some fun workouts. I do them for the structure and pace they set for me. Well got to get myself in bed a little earlier since two of my babies are sick and I'm sure I'll be up with them. Keep pushing play.
  • Vini9
    So how are you ladies February is coming fast :) I was to work my legs today but fell behind in getting everything I needed to get done. Oh well I'm going to rest Tomro too. Then tues I'll do legs and core 20. After that rest week for me baby. This will be my first go at the recovery week in this program. I have done the workouts up to this point before and then thanksgiving happened ;)
    I ordered Les mills body combat. It was on sale, best time to buy. This is a valentines gift for me and hubby. I don't really have an interest in MMA stuff but my hubby sure does so I thought I'd break him in. LOL from everything I heard and read they have weight training and HITT in them. I have been trying to get my hubby to try HITT for awhile now, he always says not going to happen.......well we will just see about this. It probably won't happen till close to summer for me but hey it's new and worth a try.
    In other news, my hubby's work is doing that whole black tie event again this year and I got to find a dress by March 1st. I already went out and tried some on. I was so sad, as I am the same size. Even if I seem to be smaller a home......this is just not true out in real life. I guess "my smaller" items are stretched. I'm a little sad. The worst was I thought I looked pretty nice in this one dress and took lots of pics for my hubby to see, wanted to know his thoughts. Well let me tell you he was a real eye opener. I'll be brief but mostly he said it was way to tight. The thing was the dress fit loose but WAS more form fitting. :( I'll kept looking. Lucy I know you live down there but it's at Gaylord on national harbor this year. I enjoy going to national harbor. so nice.... But for anyone else look it up, should be boring as all get out ( was last year) but then most work events are. I can't complain to much though I get a free, already made meal and to dress up with no kids for a night. Maybe by some wonderful miracle I'll drop a few lbs. I'll keep you posted :) keep pushing play ladies.
  • preshusgem
    Have a fun time at the event Vini. I'm sure you'll look gorgeous no matter what you wear! It's rare for me to be on mfp on my laptop hence the reason I haven't been checking in. I so wish we can access the message boards on our phones. Oh well.

I'm loving Body Beast. I missed 2 workouts last week so I'm re doing Week 2 again of Lean Beast. I have not done any Turbo Fire since I started. I like the Cardio with the weights. I haven't gotten to wanting to double up with Beast and a TF HIIT or TF Fire class yet. I'm just too exhausted after working with weights.

The hubster splurged on a pair of Bowflex Selecttechs. I'll use those when I get to the Bulk phase. I never thought I'd be dusting off my 3lb & 5lb handweights again. Those 3lb dumbells are my best friends for Build Shoulder.

I've been doing great with my morning workouts. My alarm goes off at 4:30am, snooze a little bit to get downstairs by 5:00am. I guess I could probably do a short HIIT after one of the Beast workouts. I just need to be done within an hour so I can get the kids out to school fed with their lunches ready.

Missing you all. I'm going through some marital problems and I try to work off the aggression through my workouts. I really need to do something more cardio based, one of these days. Vini, have you tried Lucky 7 or any of the Tempo workouts?

Also, my Beachbody coach is really pushing me towards being a coach but I haven't gotten to that point yet.

Happy almost end of January!!