First Dance Song

Options
Cal28
Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
Do you all have 'A' / 'Your' song? Even after almost 8 years we don't!

No idea at all on the first dance. I've been googling away but still nothing concrete...

Replies

• KateCarrot
    KateCarrot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We have a couple of songs that our kind of "our songs". I think we will go with the classic "Stand by Me" for our first dance. I love the words. :)
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    We've got a few "our songs". It was easy to pick ours though. It brings me to tears think that's the first song I'm dancing to. We're using a song from one of my favorite artists Meiko "Reasons to Love You".

Just listen for a song that brings you to that moment of almost breaking down. When I got engaged, this was the first song I thought of due to the circumstances of how our relationship began so it meant something. Keep listening and you'll hear it :)
  • Cal28
    Options
    Stand by Me is great, I'll have a listen to the other too :-)

I like 'At Last' by Etta James but I'm not sure if its over done? The only song I'm quite keen on at the moment is One Republic - Something I Need but it could be perceived as a bit depressing?

Thanks for the replies, nice to hear what others are doing!
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    We have picked our first dance song, but now I am trying to pick songs for the processional, recessional, and the dance with my dad. I want to do something besides the wedding march, but am having such a hard time choosing! Right now I just have a running list of songs we might like.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Our song, when we were living 2 hours apart, was 'Telephone line' by ELO.

We are huge fans for Jeff Lynne and ELO. That wasn't a great first dance song but we decided on 'Need her Love' by them and I cannot wait. Such a unique and beautiful song by our favorite 70's group!
  • micqs
    Options
    We're using songs that mean something to us :). For instance my bridal party and I are walking down the aisle to "home" by Phillip Phillips.

That's the best advice I can give when choosing songs. Choose with your heart. It's your day, you know what fits and what's meant to be. :)
  • Jelly_Roll_Patrol
    Jelly_Roll_Patrol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I actually plan on walking down the aisle to etta james "at last" but as far as the first song goes. . . :frown: we cannot decide. He wants "loves me like Jesus does" but I wanted something that was more for us then how i love him.
  • Cal28
    Options
    I was really surprised to learn Gean Simmons & Sharon had 'At Last' as their first dance! I think its such a lovely song. :heart:

I'll check out some of those others, nice theres so many I've never heard of, you must all be cooler than me :wink:
  • micqs
    Options
    I was really surprised to learn Gean Simmons & Sharon had 'At Last' as their first dance! I think its such a lovely song. :heart:

I'll check out some of those others, nice theres so many I've never heard of, you must all be cooler than me :wink:

Nah, you're pretty cool.