I will be sleeve on 1/15/13

Options
I will be having gastric sleeve on 1/15/13. I am quite excited and nervous. Looking for some support from fellow "sleevers".::happy:

Replies

• Basicblessings
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery. I had my surgery 6 days ago on December 10,2013. I doing good with the exception of food cravings and a little pain. I will be praying for you. I go for my post op visit tomorrow....will keep you posted on my progress.
  • Wannabslim2014
    Wannabslim2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:
    I will be sleeved in February and am looking to buddy up for support and to chat about our surgeries etc. I am going to add you both if that's ok and I look forward to hearing about your journeys :flowerforyou: xx
  • Basicblessings
    Options
    I had my first bad experience since having the surgery. I am now on stage 2 of the diet which is puréed and soft foods. I decided to try scrambled eggs.....huge mistake!!!!!! It gave me very bad acid reflux and I was throwing up constantly. It took all night for me to recover from this. I spoke with a friend who has the lap band and she says she can't eat eggs either and she has been banned for over three years. Be careful with the eggs....
  • Basicblessings
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery and I accepted your request
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I found eggs very difficult after my op. I also struggled with rice at first. Now I am ok with both.
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved in July. Feel free to add me.
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Adding foods is a big science experiment that is very individualized. If it reacts bad put it away and try again in a few weeks. My new stomach appears to have become a bit of a "food snob". It refuses to tolorate cheap cuts of meat or meatballs made with too much filler. Thank God I can only eat 6 oz of protein at a sitting or I would go broke!
  • Wannabslim2014
    Wannabslim2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had my first bad experience since having the surgery. I am now on stage 2 of the diet which is puréed and soft foods. I decided to try scrambled eggs.....huge mistake!!!!!! It gave me very bad acid reflux and I was throwing up constantly. It took all night for me to recover from this. I spoke with a friend who has the lap band and she says she can't eat eggs either and she has been banned for over three years. Be careful with the eggs....

Wow to the bad reaction with eggs!! I never would have thought that they would have given acid reflux how strange. Thanks for that Tip. Hopefully you are better now and have found other sorts of food to have instead.
    How is your tummy feeling? xx
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved July 2011. Eggs are hard at the beginning and I was told not to eat them until I was on soft food because the yolks are very dense and hard to digest. So you might want to wait on those for a bit. I started this journey at 386 pounds. I had 226 to lose all together and still have about 70 to go. After the first year it slows way down so I might still be working towards goal a year from now, but I will not give up. My personal goal is land somewhere below 200 pounds and stay there. Good luck with everything. This is by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.
  • caccicoo
    caccicoo Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved Nov. 13/13. Just 5 1/2 weeks out and I am doing well. The first week was hard - pain and exhausted all the time - but that has resolved itself and I am so glad that I did the surgery. All the best to you, and feel free to add me too.
  • Basicblessings
    Options
    I am having such a hard time trying to figure out what to eat. I'm tired of the protein shakes, the food I want my stomach is too sensitive. So I have resulted to just drinking water and crystal light. I've tried sugar free pudding but just like Jell-o I'm tired of that already. I have had some feelings of regret due to this but deep down inside I know I made the right decision for my health. Does anyone have any ideas that may help?
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved Nov. 25, 2013. I eat eggs, tuna, baked chicken and fish and cottage cheese. (like maybe 3 oz at a setting of just one of these). Still try to do one protein shake a day so that I can get my protein in. My problem is till trying to get enough to drink, I love lemon water and keep it with me all the time but have to remind myself to drink it. The weight does not seem to be coming off as quickly as most people's and I do believe it is because of the fluids. I was also down a couple of weeks and couldn't walk. I am walking now so hopefully it will start coming off.
  • hollyann31
    hollyann31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved Nov 2 of 2012...Absolutely NO regrets here...One thing to remember dont eat and drink at the same time....Baked chicken, tuna, and I still do the protein shakes occasionally...Good luck everyone with your upcoming surgeries.
  • szbikowski
    Options
    I am having my surgery on 1/10/14. Since our surgery dates our so close, maybe we can share information on our weight loss journey:smile:
  • mooglequeen
    Options
    I was sleeve March 2012...almost 2yrs out
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sleeved on September 12, 2013. BEST DECISION EVER!

I am SO happy. I eat to live not live to eat and it is wonderful.

Feel free to add me and I wish you the best!!!
  • cashsnana
    Options
    Hi...I'm on the second stage also. I hear ya when you say your tired of the protein shakes. I have bought 4 different kinds. I add peanut butter to the chocolate one, fresh fruit to the orange and banana ones . anything to make them more pleasant. I also eat alot of creamy soups. New england clam chowder is very good. Also schwans ham and cheese omlets are tasty and packed with protein.
  • nantnet
    nantnet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 10/02/2013, it was the best decision for me and I have no regrets at all. The first few weeks are kind of hard figuring out what you can have but think about it this way your stomache is like a babies stomache again you get to start over. So go through your liquid and soft stages just like a baby and then start introducing foods as your plan/doctor allows, some you will tolerate immediatly and some you will have to wait or may never want again. I am just now eating salads because it was too hard on my stomache for awhile and I finally get citrus again which makes me a happy lady. I also would like to say don't forget your excercise when the doctor clears you to do so it is very important and it makes me feel great to be able to do stuff I couldn't do before. Best of luck and if you would like to add me please do. Everyone needs friends and support in this journey.