So excited I have my last appointment Scheduled

Options
Hello to all sleevers and future Sleevers.

I completed all requirements except for one, which I made my appointment to meet with the Preoperative Readiness Education Program.

I was told that once I attend this program I will receive my surgery date, I am so excited, did a lot of research.

Got fun tips and look forward to embarking on my new life.

With all this snow hitting Chicago, I still need to incorporate some exercise in my routine but I am definitely on the right track and very educated on suceeding with my diet after surgery.

Replies

• BoysMommaX4
    BoysMommaX4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

When it comes to exercise just remember that lots of things will get your heart rate up and burn calories. It's been cold and snowy here too so I've been putting on music and dancing like crazy! Lol! I also try to keep a steady pace when I'm on the phone. I even walk up and down the stairs when I can't get outside.
  • platinum3karat
    platinum3karat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great idea about the stairs, because I was wondering how I was going to get some exercise in when I return to work. I think I will definitely do the stairs thing. Any suggestions for recipes the first few weeks.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    resistance bands and things like yoga and pilates are also good and indoor activities. They are more strength training, but you need that too. Good luck with your surgery! This is a great tool!!
  • chelleshook12
    Options
    I have my psyche appointment tomorrow and that is my last one, so they can submit to my insurance.... Then its just a waiting game. Hopefully 6 weeks I'll have my surgery date!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    As for recipes. Anything with ground meat is good once you are off the soft foods. Ground meat is less likely to mat up and get stuck. Remember you won't be able to wash it down with a drink. Be prepared for a change in your tastes. For me hot food is much hotter and sweet food is much sweeter. Simple carbs like potato and noodles make me extremely nauseous even if I have them with meat. I had a lean cuisine today and had to pick the potato out of the chicken Chardonnay. Beans have been a real lifesaver. I mixed black eyed peas, corn, salsa, sour cream and cheese with some taco seasoned meat for a yummy high protein Mexican casserole. Anyone can add me as friend, I have an open food diary. I had VSG 11/20/13. I have lost 44lbs