Weight loss tips for sedentary folks

Options
ebarb74
ebarb74 Posts: 8 Member
Please post any weight loss tips for those who work jobs which require them to sit for long periods of time. Please include and activities that might be done while sitting to burn extra calories.

Replies

• ebarb74
    Options
    Ok, so I just posted this topic. I wanted to see if anyone else has any really helpful tips. I have a job which requires me to sit for long periods of time. Yeah, many may say that I have a great job. I do, don't get me wrong. I love my job, but I do not love the fact that I have packed on about 20 pounds over the course of 3 years at this job. The fact that I am not very active after work does not help. Also the fact that I tend to snack late at night also plays a role. However, I have always been a late night snacker, but I was always on my feet (I worked in fast food). When I was working anywhere from 4 to 12 hours on my feet, I was burning more calories per day than just sitting at my desk typing and clicking the mouse. Now I need a way to burn calories throughout the day without neglecting my desk job duties......
  • kinupmud
    kinupmud Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/exercises/tone-your-thighs-and-butt-while-sitting-down.html

Try this website. gives some good ideas for exercises you can do while at your desk. I had a job too for a long time that required me to sit most of the day. Hope this helps :)
  • ebarb74
    Options
    Thank you!