January Goals

Options
PBsMommy
PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
Do you have any certain milestones you want to hit in January?

Do you have a certain weight you would like to get to or under by February 1st?

What about any fitness goals?

Replies

• PBsMommy
    Options
    I am going to pick back up with New Rules of Lifting for Women. I started it early last year, but stopped after stage 3. I am hoping to do it three times a week and do the equivalent of cardio on 2 to 3 of my days I don't do NROLFW.

I would really like to be under 165 by February 1st.
  • kimkay1985
    kimkay1985 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My goals are to be within calorie limit 28 out of 31 days and at least 1 hour of exercise 28 out of 31 days
  • teacup98
    Options
    I am currently working on running. I've NEVER been a runner so right now I Run/walk 3 miles. My goal is to get to where I can run more than walk. It's a work in progress, but I have my mind made up.
  • kmouse2
    kmouse2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I want to try and loose 5 pounds in January - I also want to try and cut out late night snacking - so I want to cut out one late night snack weekly thru January.
  • BLillard68
    BLillard68 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    My goals for January is to weigh less than 190 lbs. by the end of January, exercise at least 3 days a week for at least 30 minutes a day and to stay within my calorie and fat intake goal daily.
  • Butterflykisses123
    Butterflykisses123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My fitness goals for January are to complete the 30 day program I've restarted twice already, stay within my weekly calorie goal, wear my Fitbit everyday and hit 10,000 steps at least 5 days a week. My weight goal is to get out of the 150s.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    My goals are to improve on hitting calorie goal and to keep up the fitness.

I would like to do well in our fencing ranking competition at the end of the month but I haven't fenced for nearly 6 weeks by then so not sure how well I will do.
  • Canada_Torza
    Options
    My goals are very simple - to start with. I just want to start losing weight so I want to make sure that my cupboards are full of healthy food and that I have lost at least 5lbs by the last day of January. I want to have no junk food for at least two weeks and hopefully I'll be able to find at very least an hour a week to exercise :]
  • motormouse81
    motormouse81 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm too scared to put up a weight goal for the month. I always figure it's too much pressure, then I'll fail and eat more chocolate lol

But I do want to start with and stick with the couch to 5k! Time to get out and about in my runners. I'm going to do the first one tomorrow!
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    So far so good, and yes, I know we are only 4 days in to the month, but each day I log all my food consumed, exercise and think before I eat is one day closer to me reaching my goal! Now, today will be a challenge because I'm not at work, so there is more of a chance for me to snack/nibble :blushing:
  • stefanosb8
    stefanosb8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Goals:
    eat below my calorie limit everyday
    exercise 22 days
    Ski 6 days

To reach my goal by the end of 2014 I have to lose 7LBS/ month. I'm going to shoot for 10 LBS this month.
    254 by Feb 1st.
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My goal for January is to lose 5 lbs and to drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday (very hard for me in winter).
  • tishtee
    tishtee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal for January is to stick to my daily calorie limit and to find tastier meals and snacks than the usual things I eat. This has got to be a life style change got me because I like my fatty foods too much!
  • blen85
    blen85 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose at least 5 pounds by the end of this month.
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have a dr appt on 2/3 and was hoping to be at 200 by then. That is a lot of weight loss but I will do what I can.
  • zummerzet_lou
    zummerzet_lou Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My January goals:

Fitness: Cycle 200km in January
    Weight: Be under 60kgs (Currently 61.5kgs)
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy today- made my January goal already- in the 180s (granted 189, but still in the 180s!!!). I've stepped up the exercise this month and have logged in all my food intake every day. Amazing how these two simple things have given me the boost I needed,
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My goals for January are simply to get back on track. I've allowed myself way to much slacking over the last few months. Time to get back to this thing!
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Since we are about at the halfway point of January, how is everyone doing with their goals?

As for me, I have been awesome at sticking to my New Rules schedule. However, I haven't been getting as much cardio in on my off days as I would like. I would like for this to improve, just got to find a way to dedicate more time.

I originally wanted to get to 165 by the end of January. I thought that some of my weight was water weight from the holidays and I would drop some of that pretty easy and fast, but evidently I was wrong. So I believe I am going to change my January goal to get to or under 170 and make my goal for February 165.

I forgot to add that I was going to allow myself on day per month where I didn't log. 12 days out of the year is only 3.3% of the year. So to me that seems reasonable. I used January's this past weekend at a birthday party. I logged half the day then realized that I was just going to use my no log day for the month. But all other days for January have been logged 100% and so will the rest of January. I will probably use February on my birthday, March on my daughter's birthday and April on my husband's. I find it a little silly I have the next three "cheats" planned out, but in a way it keeps me in line the rest of the time so that I can use the day when I really, really want to. :drinker:
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have done well in weight loss so far with a loss of 5.7 this year. Finally restarted my workouts on Monday with 30 Day Shred. Today my thighs are sore but will push forth tonight to do another day of it.