Some sort of challenge??

Options
crzyjess84
crzyjess84 Posts: 22 Member
It's almost the new year and I see so many challenges on the forums.
I would love to join them, but I think it would a little unfair as I have an advantage over them. And was even told this by one challenge I tried to join.

So what do you all think about starting a 2014 challenge.

Not necessarily for weight lose, maybe exercise, or personal goals, or eating, something to help us support each other and to check in on one another on a weekly basis.

some other suggestions??

I am apart of two other sleeve/bariatric groups and I will post this there, maybe we can start a nice little group in the next couple days!!!

<3

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    My personal challenge is to limit ground grains in my lifestyle especially wheat. This presents a problem as I would like to have A wrap or tortilla pizza again. I am gonna see if I can make a buckwheat crepe or tortilla that will make these recipes possible but not be as addictive as wheat. Replacing my Kryptonite food is my challenge....that and stopping cursing, i am such a potty mouth.
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I find joining a challenge to be a great way to keep my motivation front and center in my focus. I'm 2.5 years post-op, and maintenance is more of a struggle than I'd hoped - staying on track requires periodic care and feeding. I joined a 6-week accountability group that starts tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it. We're mostly post-ops, but not all, but we're not competing based on our progress, just based on staying involved with the group and posting every day. Or, you could join a challenge on one of the post-op forum sites (OH or BP) - seems like there's usually one or more going on. Happy New Year!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    For anyone interested, we have created a WLS Exercise Challenge Group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18450-wls-exercise-challenge

All are welcome!
  • MsNParker
    Options
    Mangopickle- have you made pizza with a Parmesan crust before? I'm not to the "able it eat cheese" point yet but it's really good! Melt Parmesan first into a rounded form then take out of oven and top with sauce, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms or whatever and bake a few minutes. So good and helps fulfill that pizza craving.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Mangopickle- have you made pizza with a Parmesan crust before? I'm not to the "able it eat cheese" point yet but it's really good! Melt Parmesan first into a rounded form then take out of oven and top with sauce, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms or whatever and bake a few minutes. So good and helps fulfill that pizza craving.
    Thanks, I'll try it!!
  • Casjosh
    Casjosh Posts: 7 Member
    Options

That sounds delicious.