Mobility work for SQUATS

Options
jordymils
jordymils Posts: 230 Member
I'm trying to put a lot more emphasis on mobility work at the moment and was looking through the mobility wod website when I came across this video.
My squats have been a little crappy for a while (couldn't sink as low as I used to and tend to rock forwards a little in front squats) and I couldn't work out why. They used to be fine, but it was like my body just decided to regress one night for no reason. After following this video, I think it's safe to say I have found the cause - super tight hips and glutes!!

I did a couple bodyweight squats, then ran through this video and did a couple squats after and honestly the difference is huge. I could sink lower, sit further back and get my knees out wider.
You can all be my witnesses that I am now vowing to do this video every day!! It hurts, but it's worth it.

So if anyone else is struggling to get that last bit of their squat in the right place, do this!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBHzXF-mVjY

Replies

• chatty826
    Options
    I love this video! It works amazingly. I will add it to my routine again thanks for sharing!
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    I was watching that thinking I already do many of those movements and I did them without even knowing just feeling it out. I'll add some of the extras from this to my routine!

Thanks for sharing.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!