Cutting carbs.....

Options
LadyG0915
LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
So first, I am 15 weeks pregnant and for the first 2 months lived on noodles. Plain noodles, butter noodles, any noodles. It was the only thing that kept me from vomiting. So, now that I am feeling a bit more normal, I want to work on cutting back on carbs but I constantly crave them. How can I start to scale back without going cold turkey? I know that I eat my veggies and fruit great, carbs and protein, not so much. Idea's welcomed! Oh, also been sleeved since March 2012, lost over 100 lbs.

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Work closely with a nutrionist and your Dr. At all of my lead up to VSG we were warned repeatedly NOT to get pregnant in the first year. As an NP I consider your pregnancy high risk. Congratulations! Babies are a blessing. My medical training makes me fear for your child's developmental health after 2 months of not hitting your daily protein goals. Shirataki noodles might help you transition off noodles. Start trying all sorts of proteins so you can find what can work for you daily. My new fav's are blacked tilapia, garlic sautéed shrimp, and Nam Sod pork. PLEASE see your MD soon if you haven't already. Again Congratulations!
  • LadyG0915
    LadyG0915 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Still high risk after 18 months of being sleeved? Most things I have looked up said I would be good at this point. I have had one trip to the ER with low iron and dehydration, but since taking an extra iron suppliment, and more water, I have been fine. I eat plenty of vegetables, fruit, protein in shakes and such, I just think I am gaining too much and I don't like it one bit!
  • jerseygirlxoxo
    jerseygirlxoxo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lady G,
    I got pregnant after being sleeved for 15 months and did absolutely fine. Just remember to make sure you are eating enough for two! I gave birth to a health baby boy weighing 7.5 lbs right on target
    JerseyGirlx0x0