getting healthier without EXERCISE

Options
I'm at 256.6 lbs and doc says no exercise other than swimming. Do you know how boring that can be? Today I will be looking for chair exercises on youtube. I am on an adventure to lose weight, become healthier and spend $0. I've been on so many "diets" and spent so much money that I refuse to do it again. I am going to eat my way to great health and move my body as much as possible. I expect to be able to move more as the weight comes off. Thanks for reading. Hope to see you in this group.

Replies

• AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I started at 260 pounds several years ago. I'm now at 215ish. So it is possible! It was honestly fairly simple also once I had the "right" motivation. Granted I wouldn't wish the motivation I had on anyone! But it worked for me at the time. I was in a bad relationship and learned one day that taking out my anger on my Wii games was nice. I started out by swimming and playing EA Sports Active on the Wii. Granted there were some things I couldn't do like crunches. But as I got better I was able to do more. Finally I got smart and left the jerk. My 50 pounds lost was just something else to be harassed about.

Now several years later I'm in a much more stable relationship. Unfortunately my guy spoils me a little to much haha! He does the cooking and cleaning which leaves me pretty much no reason to move away from my pc. So here I am trying to get back on track and find a good balance. I liked the feeling got when I'd step on the scale and see more pounds gone. I also like hiding out in my house with a good book or game to keep me busy. So I decided maybe a small group with similar goals as mine might be the motivation I need. I have at least 70-75 pounds to go So last night I bought me a new old Wii game for exercising and a Polar Ft4 heart rate monitor. I've sat around for several years now telling myself I lost 50 and kept it off I can loose the rest. Then I do nothing to loose it. This year I decided will be different! I have several clothing items I want to fit into for once and I want to enjoy the trails through the woods this year. Plus I want to remember what it felt like to be skinny and full of energy like I was back in high school! I'm happy to help motivate and glad to be in this group :) I know this is a bit of a rambly post and I'm sorry for that. The weather out side has me a bit down today and it's making me REALLY tired. Gotta love MI weather!
  • SherrillSchoof
    SherrillSchoof Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had completely forgotten about this "group" until I saw the title. Sorry there has been such a long time but, here I am. I went up to 260 pounds by April and decided after foot surgery that I couldn't live like this much longer. I haven't been faithful using the tracker until recently. today I weigh 230.2 pounds. Only exercise has been physical therapy from June to august then exercising in the pool on my own or housework and minimal walking. I have done a few weird things like shovel mud but actually it has been the change of choices.
    I hope you AvalonsUnicorns have had success.