I will not consume ______ during the 90 day challenge.

Options
Will any of you guys be limiting anything out of your regimen? If so, will it only be throughout the 90 day challenge or for the rest of your weight loss journey?

How many of you say, "Eff it, I will continue to eat/drink like I have been but in moderation!"

For me, I will not consume soda AT ALL! I thought to myself, "Self, just add a lil water or drink less!" But nope, I don't want it at all.

Replies

• AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Good girl! For me, it's very similar - I'm going to allow one day a week where I can have 1 can, though, because whiskey and coke is my favourite drink. I swear to God, 80% of my fat comes from drinks and not food. I've always been pretty good with my diet, but I supplemented it with 2,000 calories of juice/cordial/the occasional soft drink (soda). Limiting myself to coffee, tea and water for 6 days a week.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I will eat fries ONE TIME PER MONTH
    And choose very carefully ;)
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    Good girl! For me, it's very similar - I'm going to allow one day a week where I can have 1 can, though, because whiskey and coke is my favourite drink. I swear to God, 80% of my fat comes from drinks and not food. I've always been pretty good with my diet, but I supplemented it with 2,000 calories of juice/cordial/the occasional soft drink (soda). Limiting myself to coffee, tea and water for 6 days a week.

I've gone cold turkey with alcohol as Nov 2013. I used to drink wine or gin/tonic more often than not. So I can relate with your whiskey and coke must have lol. You plan to do it in moderation and that's great!
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I will eliminate Brussel Sprouts!..hahah that should be EZ to do. So im really saying im not gonna prohibit any one thang. Ansoon as i say i CAN NOT have something...sure enough i crave it like crazee. Right now Im strictly water sun-thurs ....weekns hmm who knows?
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love water. At one time I was 206 lbs and I was consuming (2) 2 liters of soda a day. I had to do something to change. I gave up soda about a year or so ago, I guess. I can't remember the exact date. Since then, I'll be honest, I have drunk soda but mostly only drink it when I'm out somewhere. But let me tell you how I feel in love with water. I have use flavor packs, example, Crystal Light, things like that. I'll buy about 2-3 different flavors every time I go grocery shopping. Because of those flavor packs, I can drink 6-8 bottles of water a day, no problem. And I have got my body to actually crave water, so all in all, it was definitely a positive thing I gave up soda.

With that being said, (sorry about my little life story there, lol) I will give up soda during this 90 day challenge. I won't drink it at home or out somewhere. If I can't drink water while out, which I should be able to everywhere, I'll start drinking half sweet/ half unsweet tea. That's actually really good too surprisingly.
  • Vane0314
    Vane0314 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat out but when I do it takes a huge toll on my calories, so I guess my goal will be to stay away from FAST FOOD or Eating out until the end of the NSC challenge
  • emilynbanks
    Options
    No chocolate! :)
  • worknprogr3s
    worknprogr3s Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fast Food
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Because of those flavor packs, I can drink 6-8 bottles of water a day, no problem. And I have got my body to actually crave water, so all in all, it was definitely a positive thing I gave up soda.

Wow, what a massive achievement! I have never liked the taste of water, and am prohibited from artificial sweeteners whilst we isolate whatever is still making me sick, so I've started using infused water (just putting the sources of the flavour in the water overnight) - lemon and mint, and lime, are my two favourites right now!
  • lilmidnightwolf
    lilmidnightwolf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I will not have Potato chips and/or candy of any kind
  • morzolas
    morzolas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I will eliminate Brussel Sprouts!..hahah that should be EZ to do. So im really saying im not gonna prohibit any one thang. Ansoon as i say i CAN NOT have something...sure enough i crave it like crazee. Right now Im strictly water sun-thurs ....weekns hmm who knows?

That's how I am! The second I know I "can't" have something, I want it more than anything! I try to approach it more like, "Okay, you can drink this Coke if you want to, but water will probably make you feel more hydrated. Do you want to drink the extra water to keep up with hydration or do you want to just make it simple and drink the water?" Weighing out the pros and cons for the situation works for me more than restricting something.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Nada. I will continue to consume all the foods in moderation! Restricting foods has always led to cravings and eventually failure, I must learn to eat all foods in moderation if I want this to be a life change not just another diet.
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    I am not @ the point where I can just have a little bit. I'm still lacking self control/will power. I'd rather stay from soda all together. I can drink a liter of coke easy.
  • h3lisab3thm
    h3lisab3thm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cheated on soda. That's a work in progress for me.

I will not consume chocolate. I LOOOOVE CHOCOLATE. But I will not eat it because it makes me crave other things like chips and dip (strange, I know. It's my gateway food.)
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Because of those flavor packs, I can drink 6-8 bottles of water a day, no problem. And I have got my body to actually crave water, so all in all, it was definitely a positive thing I gave up soda.

Wow, what a massive achievement! I have never liked the taste of water, and am prohibited from artificial sweeteners whilst we isolate whatever is still making me sick, so I've started using infused water (just putting the sources of the flavour in the water overnight) - lemon and mint, and lime, are my two favourites right now!

I want to try the lemon/lime in my water. My sister puts lemon and sweet n low in her water but since you can't do the sweetners right now, that wouldn't work for you. Which do you think is better tasting? The lemon or lime in the water?
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I kicked soda out of my life 2 years ago and haven't missed it! On average I now drink 160 oz. of water daily and feel so much better! No more water retention and my blood pressure has never been lower!
    My ex-husband just recently removed soda from his life and has replaced his sugar addiction with something called 'Topo Chica', it's naturally carbonated mineral water from Mexico and he says he doesn't miss soda at all!
  • kaylin_hester
    Options
    I will not have a coke or junk food, unless it is on my cheat day, which I will still be eating portions to fit my calorie goal!! :) If I don't, I will always have an excuse for eating or drinking it.
  • jenabee610
    jenabee610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love this....

Let's see. I will not consume SODA during the 90 day challenge. I have been drinking way too much of it lately and I need to stop. It's just a bunch of empty calories that won't leave me satisfied in the end.
  • meek277
    meek277 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I said that I wanted limit my sugar intake this month. I Was addicted to sweets. Im not claiming that addiction any more. I used to eat sweets for breakfast lunch and dinner, smh. I also want to stay out of a coworkers office who has a big bowl of chocolates on her desk. I will not go in her office at all. I have my sugar free pudding and fudge pops to help cut my sugar cravings.
  • chickidee87
    chickidee87 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No fast food during the 90 day challenge! I was going to say no soda, but I may have one or two. I love fast food, but I can kick it. I don't need all that grease and fat when we go out, and if we do I'll get a salad.