snow

Options
truddy6647
truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
I am snow tried of this snow can't seem to keep up with it. It can stop any time....anyone with me?

Replies

• vniemo2
    vniemo2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I burn calories shoveling it, so it does not bother me much.
  • tcmom72
    tcmom72 Posts: 32
    Options
    Your are "snow" tired of the snow. :)

I agree vniemo2....love to burn calories shoveling it. Just got done shoveling for 90 minutes. MFP says that is 560 calories. Don't know if I burned that many, but I definitely burned calories.

I loooovvvveee northern Michigan. The snow is part of the beauty.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I am all for the snow. I can't go snowshoeing without it. Well...I guess I could, but it would look really funny.
  • breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am so over the snow!! The cold temps are worse!!! Ready for spring!
  • truddy6647
    Options
    I like snow for Christmas but after that I could do with out it and the freezing rain. Makes it hard to get to the hospital and see my husband couldn't visit at all on sunday due to all the snow and almost didn't get to go yesterday due to how long it took to dig out the driveway. Today black ice and snow drifts everywhere......so tried of these driving conditions
  • nhoffman26
    nhoffman26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can find much better, and more enjoyable ways to burn calories. Snow how I hate thee!!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    As long as the roads aren't impassable, I'm fine with it. When it gets slushy, then freezes, then I don't like to drive in it and I consider it an evil irritant.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    More snow!! :)

I am not tired of the snow - hoping for another foot or more before winter is over. Frankly, I'd prefer the govt NOT plow the roads; I enjoy the adventure of it. :)
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options

I am not tired of the snow - hoping for another foot or more before winter is over. Frankly, I'd prefer the govt NOT plow the roads; I enjoy the adventure of it. :)

I agree! I'm from the UP and the 3 years I spent at Central sucked barely having any of God's glorious white gift!!
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If we could have the snow but have clean roads, I'd be fine with it, but it seems like we have 2 days of decent roads and then a week of hazardous crap. I live on a gravel road and it's been just ice for weeks. Even that warm up last weekend wasn't enough to get rid of the ice, there was so much built up.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I am snow tried of this snow can't seem to keep up with it. It can stop any time....anyone with me?
    I don't like driving in it.
  • perseverance14
    Options

I grew up in snow and don't mind driving in a foot of it, except when I am behind somebody going 20 mph. when there is 3 inches of snow on the ground, then I mind.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the snow so much... Shoveling = Exercise.

It's these darn frigid temps that are getting to me!
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    We are getting ready to have a blizzard tomorrow. I swear I could pack up and leave. I am so tired of all this snow/cold.
  • perseverance14
    Options
    I don't mind the snow so much... Shoveling = Exercise.

It's these darn frigid temps that are getting to me!
    I would rather be inside on my treadmill listening to the plow doing my driveway and the guy snowblowing my walk. :)
  • truddy6647
    Options
    with my husband being in the hospital this makes the snow really hard for me.....the road conditions are bad making (four foot drifts in some places with intermittent whiteouts) and just makes me think ok I have had enough snow to last me the rest of winter it can stop now
  • truddy6647
    Options
    heard on the news that detroit has broke a record for snowfall in winter season......in 1978 the record was set at 27 inches, today they have gotten a told of 31 inches so far for the winter season..............I live in brooklyn mi and we have surpassed detroit and have something like 34 inches of snowfall so far this season and more on the way today (as it is currently snowing) and more tomorrow and we have not even hit the hard month of feb. yet...............so not liking this years winter, from the neg temps to the crappy roads I am ready for spring, even my dog who is a husky is not liking the temps usually stays out for hours and now just going out does his business and ready to come back in
  • fearlesskate
    fearlesskate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love snowshoeing too, I was just going to recommend it!
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well I'm officially totally over the snow now. Could not go to work Friday or Saturday because we were snowed in. While normally I *love* a day off, this is a horrible time of year for me to miss work. Just finally plowed our road out this morning, so I can go tomorrow. But, the kids are off school again (Friday because of the storm, tomorrow because of the frigid temps) so it's looking like they'll be going to school into July at this rate.
  • truddy6647
    Options
    you know I don't ever remember missing school because of temps.....only time we got off school was due to road conditions