I will not consume ______ during the 90 day challenge.

Options
2»

Replies

• eyleene
    eyleene Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    fast food hot greasys and meatpies stc are my killer ....... dont think i can give up completely that would def make me want more . but this is a challenge after all and i am the only one responsible for what i eat . just have to take it one day at a time . Family does usually have 1 takeaway meal a week so i could always plan ahead a bit maybe and eat less the day before / after .

Somebody PLEEEAAASSSE invent a spray to make rabbit food taste like pies ??? you would make billions
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Because of those flavor packs, I can drink 6-8 bottles of water a day, no problem. And I have got my body to actually crave water, so all in all, it was definitely a positive thing I gave up soda.

Wow, what a massive achievement! I have never liked the taste of water, and am prohibited from artificial sweeteners whilst we isolate whatever is still making me sick, so I've started using infused water (just putting the sources of the flavour in the water overnight) - lemon and mint, and lime, are my two favourites right now!

I want to try the lemon/lime in my water. My sister puts lemon and sweet n low in her water but since you can't do the sweetners right now, that wouldn't work for you. Which do you think is better tasting? The lemon or lime in the water?

I'm really into the lemon right now - just don't put any skin or pith in, and you'll be set. Tis yummy!
  • HOPEPATRICK74
    HOPEPATRICK74 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I WILL NOT CONSUME ALCHOL DURING THE 90 DAY CHALLENGE. I WENT OUT WITH MY HUSBAND THIS PAST FRIDAY AND HE HAD TO DRIVE US HOME, I JUST COULDN'T STOP THE MARGARITAS WERE WONDERFUL. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT SO THIS SHOULDN'T BE TO HARD FOR ME.
  • Oakshadow22
    Options
    I will not drink chocolat milk (I am addicted to it) and I won't eat chocolat, only on sunday.
  • TonyandMichelleWilson
    Options
    Yea, I am not into giving up anything, it just seems to make it worse for me. But, I do understand that we all have trigger foods, mine are certain chips or sweets, I am not a "just eat one" type of girl so it is best just not to buy it. But, it is Mardi Gras season, so you can't get around the King Cake, and I do attend a lot of social events for my work so it is hard to cut out that kind of "junk" but I can set limits.
    My goal, this time around, is called BETTER CHOICES. I have to just pick the good stuff when I have the opportunity, that way when the "bad stuff" comes along, I have a few extra calories to work with.
    I think I am going to make it "I WILL consume... and add more salads and friut, and less "no nutrition foods".
    Michelle
  • kamikazikelli
    kamikazikelli Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to quit sodas altogether. My boyfriend and I are also going to stop eating out so much.
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am not @ the point where I can just have a little bit. I'm still lacking self control/will power. I'd rather stay from soda all together. I can drink a liter of coke easy.

I gave up soda long ago. I used to be a total addict, then moved to diet soda when I was a teen. I eventually quit it, because I would drink a minimum of a 6 pack a day, or a 2 liter a day. It took me a while, but now I don't miss it. I drink ice tea if I go out to eat and want something other than water when others are having soda and at home I drink water (well, and wine) and hot tea in the evening to replace my wine (herbal, and I don't log it).
  • calamity71
    Options
    I'm trying to quit sodas altogether. My boyfriend and I are also going to stop eating out so much.

In addition to saving calories....you are gonna save alot of money! :)
  • calamity71
    Options
    For me....everything in moderation. But I have a basic healthy eating lifestyle that I will try to stick to during the time. I did pass up donuts at a meeting today while I watched others have 2 each. I feel good for that alone! Although I want a second glass of wine I am going for herbal tea. I am limiting myself to 1 glass during the week nights.
  • Ms_TK
    Ms_TK Posts: 19
    Options
    I will not consume coffee. I was a social drinker up until last year. it took over my life in 2013. No coffee!
  • Ms_TK
    Ms_TK Posts: 19
    Options
    fried foods and soda is a given. No bread either.
  • jgablin
    jgablin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

QUOTE:

Because of those flavor packs, I can drink 6-8 bottles of water a day, no problem. And I have got my body to actually crave water, so all in all, it was definitely a positive thing I gave up soda.

Wow, what a massive achievement! I have never liked the taste of water, and am prohibited from artificial sweeteners whilst we isolate whatever is still making me sick, so I've started using infused water (just putting the sources of the flavour in the water overnight) - lemon and mint, and lime, are my two favourites right now!

I want to try the lemon/lime in my water. My sister puts lemon and sweet n low in her water but since you can't do the sweetners right now, that wouldn't work for you. Which do you think is better tasting? The lemon or lime in the water?

Lemon, def better than lime. Lime makes the water really bitter. Apple slices and orange slices work great too.
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Lemon, def better than lime. Lime makes the water really bitter. Apple slices and orange slices work great too.

When I was doing some landscaping a few summers ago, I was hooked to Gatorade's new cucumber and lime flavor -- it was such a killer, refreshing combo. I wonder if there's any way to make a similarly flavored H2O?
  • kamikazikelli
    kamikazikelli Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @Calamity71
    That's what we are hoping for. Eating out is convenient, but it adds up.
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi all, For me the thing that I am not going to have is white wine!! I love that stuff and its so fattening. Do not care for soda but a nice glass of wine......I cannot resist and I can drink two glasses easily and that will cost me about 400 calories. I gave up all candy years ago and will stay off that because like some of you I cannot have one piece or two......no it will be a binge!
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Guilt! Elimination = obsession for me, so I don't cut anything out completely. I will, however, try to avoid pizza most of the time. I can eat half a medium pizza in a sitting, and I'm never going to exercise enough in a day to net out those calories. I'll probably scale back on the alcohol, too.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I fill in the blank with "mindless amounts of food". There is nothing (the occasional alcohol, bratwurst, pizza, ice cream, candy) that I am going to make completely "off limits"....or I'll end up craving it like crazy.

I have lost the weight I've taken off so far without doing it...I don't intend to start now. I am not "dieting"....I am changing the way I think about food. If I get really paranoid about the calories or fat in a treat I decide to allow myself, I add extra time at the gym.

I do need to watch my macros more though. I can live with occasionally going over on carbs or sugars or fat but I'd like to make sure I'm always UNDER on my calories and I've been over too often as of late.