Options
mrtrt
mrtrt Posts: 17 Member
Introduce yourself.....or not.

Replies

• jlc323
    jlc323 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey! I am Jaime and am currently freezing in northern Vermont. Food has been my abusive bff for years, mostly started when my undiagnosed Celiac was out of control and I could easy like a footballer and not gain weight. Novel as it was, it was destructive to my person (although I did win many food bets). I am now gluten free, relatively healthy and still have my old eating habits, which are not great when your body finally decides to utilize the goods.

I have a rescue greyhound, many tattoos, love robots, and cheesecake. I read more than a somewhat social person should have time for, alluding to the fact I am an introvert. I also am a connoisseur of b-movies, especially horror, scifi, and grindhouse.

Huzzah!
  • funny_bone
    funny_bone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jaime, too! Except I live on the coast of South Texas, so I'm not particularly cold =) I'm an introvert, for sure, and happily so! I was active throughout my childhood and high school years, however, a lifelong dancer and member of my school's drill team. Of course, like naive teenagers everywhere, I thought I could keep eating the way I always had without paying for it later. Once high school ended and there was no coach screaming at me to run faster/harder/longer, my poor choices caught up with me. I went from the trim 125 pound ballerina, to the 225 couch potato that I am today.

I just graduated with my bachelor's degree, and my boyfriend of 7 years and I have moved back home. His parents generously offered to let us stay with them for the next year bill-free while we save some money for the next step. My only commitments are holding a part-time job, working through the dozens of books awaiting me on my kindle, and keeping my dachshund Odin from getting as chubby as I have. With none of my usual excuses available, and a blissfully empty schedule, I figure it's about time I get my *kitten* in gear.
  • jadeybops
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Jade and I live in freezing Saskatchewan. I just got some random motivation to make a difference in my life tonight. I've been pretty chubby my entire life but I am quite sick of it. I figure that any small health change is a positive change. I made this account a while ago but I've yet to actually take advantage of this site (until right now). My motivation is usually short-lived but this time it will be different ;) 2014 is going to be a changing year.
  • Pingu1989
    Pingu1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is also Jaime except it's pronounced "Steve" I'm from QLD Australia. Introvert, love music post-hardcore/metal and stuff but listen to anything. Reading and ancient history (Greek/Roman/Eastern). As well as attempting to play guitar and bass.

Been overweight since I can remember In September I reached 117 KG which is ridiculous to me and decided something had to be done so i've been going to the gym since October 3-5 days a week. I'm down around 16 KG (currently 101.4) Got a personal trainer. Just trying to drop down to 75-80 kgs. Gonna get there hell or high water. I don't like talking about myself so i'll just say if any of you guys ever need to chat about anything I'm here to support. =)
  • liftingtillfit
    liftingtillfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm Gwen. I was really active as a kid and got progressively lazier as the years went by. By the time I was in highschool, walking to and from classes was a huge chore. I joined a swim team, the track team, lost some weight, went onto college. By the time I got my bachelors, I was heavier than I've ever been and depressed as hell. I was struggling with eating and not eating and my mom's and grandma's eating problems were catching up with me. After a while, I started playing rugby and lifting heavy weights and keeping up with my running. I feel amazing and can do so much now! My goal on here is to track my eating, I do so much and therefore, I eat everything, and reduce my body fat down a bit. I'm only going to try for about five pounds. I think. I also want a support group so I don't get too obsessive over what I'm eating. I also figured out my TEDEE so I won't be eating calories back.
  • NoMoreStretchyPants
    Options
    Hey guys!

I'm Jules - 41 year old married mom of one, needing to lose about 40 lbs. I gained serious weight after I quit smoking and had a baby. Nice to meet you all! :)
  • mividasaludable
    mividasaludable Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Laura. I'm 27 and working on my PhD in chemistry, researching metabolic changes caused by diabetes. I'm so glad you guys introduced me to this site :) I'm here to improve my energy level, mood, and overall health. I definitely tend to crash and burn when I come home from the lab and I would love to have the energy to go to the gym or cook a healthy meal instead of watching Netflix on the couch.

Never really had a problem with weight but I would love to do some toning up! In the last year or so I've discovered the joys of weight lifting and I have found it to be so much more enjoyable than cardio. When I work out I try to do half an hour to an hour of cardio followed by at least 3 weight training exercises (squats, bench press, and deadlift are my favorites). However I'm still new to it so if anyone has any advice on more effective lifts or techniques I would love to hear it. I also take a piyo class which I really enjoy. Now, if I could just make it to the gym more than once a week.

Anyway, just wanted to say you guys are all so inspiring and I look forward to getting to know you :)
  • aussiegeek1
    Options
    My name is Jamie too! I mean Alan

Weight about 130kg, target is around 90kg, not sure its quite right, but figure if I can get back down to that then I've figured out how to look after myself better.

Was sitting at work last week and thought, this is bull****! A few days earlier my wife bought me shirts with the third X in the size :(

As a teenager I could eat whatever the hell I wanted, got married young and just stacked on the marriage weight. I'm also interesting in hitting the gym, but ironically having access to a Gym for free is making that harder because I have no clue what I'm supposed to do.

Can't run/walk much because a few km of walking puts me in pain in to the next day, but have been able to get up to 4km last week which I was stoked with.

I love riding but just doesn't help me loose weight
  • mrtrt
    mrtrt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We'll to keep it going, my name is Jaime, I pronounce it with a silent J so that it sounds like Trent. I started the post on redditt, and I can't believe the response I have gotten. This is just awesome. I love that I feel a little obligated to keep liking and commenting on everyone's progress. But to be honest it motivates me more than anything. I ran my yapper on the internet, now I've got to back it up.

I started using this cause I ate a ton of food one day or several, and decided enough was enough. I can't do anything about being tall but I can do something about being round.

We'll this is about as generic as I can be. But I promise you, if you keep coming back and trying to get better, I will too.
  • tannntastic
    Options
    My name is Stacy! Born and raised in Arkansas, and I'm one of like 5 Asians who live here. :) I moved to Malaysia when I was 9 and went through elementary, middle, and high school there. Came back to Arkansas for college, and graduated 2 years ago. I managed to stay pretty fit through high school and the first part of college. Then I met my boyfriend...and I am in no way blaming him for my weight gain, but let's just say we both put on a little comfort weight. :)

My highest weight was 158lbs, which was quite the eye opener for me. This was in October 2012. I made up my mind to lose weight and get healthier and actually ran a 5K last year! But as the story goes, after I reached ~135-140 lbs, I got comfortable, and went back to my old eating habits.

Needless to say, after seeing the post on Reddit at the beginning of the year, I thought it would be awesome to try again, and this time with a huge support group! I am super excited by everyone's stories and am so proud of everyone's accomplishments so far. I am also very thankful for all the support everyone's given me, as well. Excited for 2014!
  • masterjedikris
    masterjedikris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active?