jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
hi ,
is coffee good for pcos?

Replies

• Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the responses to this post for I've been wondering the same thing. I drink at least 2 cups a day.
  • brandygirl614
    Options
    I read on an app that :Caffeine increases estrogen levels. A study from Fertility and Sterility shows that drinking just two cups of coffee a day boosts levels of estradiol, a natural estrogen. Women who drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day produce 70 percent more estrogen in the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle when the body is trying to produce a viable follicle for ovulation, which is already and issue in women with PCOS. Copied &pasted hope it help
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I read on an app that :Caffeine increases estrogen levels. A study from Fertility and Sterility shows that drinking just two cups of coffee a day boosts levels of estradiol, a natural estrogen. Women who drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day produce 70 percent more estrogen in the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle when the body is trying to produce a viable follicle for ovulation, which is already and issue in women with PCOS. Copied &pasted hope it help

I had heard that too, somewhere, but I don't know how accurate it is. Even tho, I keep my coffee to once a week and only one cup, Sunday's because I have to get up at like 5am to go to religious services but can sleep later the rest of the week. When I do coffee, I put heavy cream, almond milk and coconut oil in it to keep the fat content high and keeps me full longer. Its also very sweet and yummy!
  • jmzz1
    Options
    I had heard that coffee before exercise boosts metabolism. How far is it true?
  • jmzz1
    Options
    Is it good to have high estorogen level??
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Is it good to have high estorogen level??

Not especially when you have PCOS. One of the hormones that are too high in pcos women is estrogen. Its part of the whole problem.