Anyone still here?

Options
Blakelynn3
Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
Progress reports anyone? Anyone recommitting with the New Year?

Replies

• rlv2
    rlv2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes I am.... I started jan 1st... reset my scale and everything... I had lost about 58 pds... and put back on 20 pds.. so here I go again... at least I didnt put it all back on... positive thinking... : )
  • sianll
    sianll Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am still here - made my 10% of body weight goal from last year - but inched back up towards the end - not a crisis just need to renew the concentration and remember how I did it . So this yeat another ten% means 23 pounds.

That's totally doable. so heres to January (and february and march..:smile: )

sian
  • sianll
    sianll Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    positive thinking is right!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm here. I lost 80lbs last year and I've lost a total of 116lbs now. I'm about 50lbs or so from goal weight. I hit a two month long plateau in Oct/Nov, very frustrating!

JulieDonahue seems to be back on track with the new year, I guess we might see her posting in here soon?
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    Ah! I'm so happy that there are still active people here! I lost 22lbs last year and toward the end of the year re-gained 4lbs. This year, I jumped back in 100% and got a gym membership. I'm hoping for a more productive year, this year. Last year I went strong until summer and then faltered.
  • beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am putzing along, but am working on taking it more seriously again.
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. I lost 30 pounds last year. I'd like to lose the same amount this year, if not more. I know there are things I can do to help that along. I took a much needed break from logging while I was on vacation so I feel like I'm ready to tackle this upcoming year.
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs, and then gained a few back. I'm still in it, though!
    I'm starting off 2014 right by going to Zumba classes on Saturday mornings, and using my mini peddler whenever I sit to watch TV/Netflix. Constantly trying to improve. :)
  • Hollyhwk16
    Hollyhwk16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm here, just losing the 15lbs I gained this summer.....struggling but trudging thru.
  • emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I'm still on MFP, but I rarely have time to check the boards. If only we could access Group from the ap. I lost 89 pounds in 2013, so I am halfway to my goal. Hopefully I can reach it (or get darn close) in 2014!!!

I'll try to do better checking in more often. :)
  • recee27
    recee27 Posts: 34
    Options
    YEP!! I'm back!! I was off of MFP for quite a while. BUT....I'm back to get myself back on track with eating right and losing more weight. I lost over 40lbs last year. One third of what I want to lose. I realized that my body, no matter how disciplined I am only loses at a slow rate. Now that I know this, I won't be nearly as frustrated when I only lose three to five pounds a month and not the ten I had hoped for! I have stuck with Zumba all year and have done three or more classes a week for over a year. Now, I am finally getting the nerve to branch out and try other things. I did a kick boxing class tonight and it TOTALLY KICKED MY BUTT!! I only made it through 40 min. of an hour class, but I am going to keep at it and keep going to build up my endurance. I still have a little over 80lbs to lose, but I will be ok with losing another 40 this year!! Slow and steady, right?!?! So good to see so many of you still here!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I restarted about 2 weeks ago. So far, so good. One day at a time :wink:
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    I'm so glad you're all still working toward your goals! The gym I joined is having a 90 day weight-loss competition. The winners get 10K. So, I'm doing that. I don't know if I'll lose nearly enough in such a short amount of time to win but it's a great motivator!!
  • jeninthed
    jeninthed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I am coming back to this group after being away for quite awhile. I had lost about 30 lbs and am sad to say I have gained about 15 back over the fall and winter.

I am struggling with fatigue and weakness associated with fibromyalgia but I still need to lose this weight so I will find a way to make it happen! Right now I am going to be breaking up my working out into 3 small workouts during the day, all walking.

20 min AM, 10 min at lunch and 20 min in the PM.
  • Hollyhwk16
    Options
    I'm here, anyone else? I'm a tax preparer and life gets really crazy but now its over and time for me to get focused!
  • Hollyhwk16
    Options
    14 pounds down, from last summer...slowly but down