Lost weight...More Cals???

Options
So i've been using MFP for a while now and I am nursing. I've been counting 300 cals for nursing (I know most people count 500, but i believe that my body is efficient at making milk and i don't need all 500) so here is my question:

I was at 185 lbs and MFP said to eat 1660 to lose 1 lb per week, i added 300 to that and thus was eating around 1960 (plus or minus 100) daily

Today I got on the scale and I'm down to 183 (YAHOO!!!) but when MFP adjusted, the new reccomended intake was 1720 (not included nursing)

So including my 300 for nursing I'll be eating 2020, more than that last few weeks! I thought your intake was supposed to decrease as you lost? Any ideas why this could be? TIA!

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Were your activity settings different when MFP made the adjustment?
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Mine did a similar thing recently. I think I was losing weight too quickly. It was set to half a pound a week, yet I was losing a full pound a week and after a couple of weeks it said I need to re-adjust my calories. I thought it quite an intelligent program to notice!
  • hmhsu
    hmhsu Posts: 8
    Options
    Nope activity settings stayed the same! I'm just going to follow the program i guess if i gain next week I'll know what the culprit is
  • hmhsu
    hmhsu Posts: 8
    Options
    Nope activity settings stayed the same! I'm just going to follow the program i guess if i gain next week I'll know what the culprit is