Looking for friends

Options
Hi, I'm Addie. I have bipolar II, and am a returning member of MFP. I'd love some new friends so we can support each other. Sometimes, other people with mental illness are the only ones who understand. Thanks!

Replies

• CrazyWhiskers
    CrazyWhiskers Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I have bipolar as well, you can add me :)
  • shellysnails22
    Options
    Hello! I'm bipolar as well. Feel free to add me! :)
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! :)
    I am not bipolar, but I have major depressive disorder and panic anxiety. Feel free to add me as well :)
  • svelte32
    svelte32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I have one doctor years back said I had borderline personality disorder and another doctor most recently said I have PTSD. So I'm not sure exactly I think it just shows people have character no big deal. It be nice to check in with people who kinda get it.
  • SarahBGoodGirl
    Options
    Just got diagnosed Bipolar this year and also have Hashimoto's disease - an autoimmune disease that's attacking my thyroid. Feel free to add me!
  • aprilmayrocks
    Options
    Hi Addie and others!
    I have been diagnosed with bipolar for over 10 years. ( I am 36.) I have been on numerous medications, trying to find the right cocktail and that has contributed to my weight gain. I would love to be friends with someone that shares with me the same roller coaster ride we go on. I have over 50 lbs to lose. My current meds are Geodon, Paxil, and Ativan as needed.
    Please send me a friend request!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm more than willing to accept requests from people who have 'been there'. :)

My doctors are still trying to decide whether I have Bipolar II or cyclothymia. It's a roller coaster just waiting for them to make up their mind there... In any case, they suspect one or the other.Look forward to meeting others. Don't be afraid to send me a request.
  • weirdmommy
    weirdmommy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm also returning the last couple mos. I'm glad I found this group. Today was one of those fast cycling days. (real fast) and I need to stay on track.
    I'm bipolar, ocd, gad and anything else you wanna throw in there.
    Bad thyroid..overweight. blah.
    When I got married I was a size 5. My dad always warned me, (which he was also bipolar) ...you better watch, the women in thhis family are BIG girls!!!!! Thanks dad..you were right.
    I"m okay with big..i just want healthy.
    Soooo..if anyone wants to friend me.. I'm here everyday. I'm doing this!!!!!
  • weirdmommy
    Options
    I also have both of these!! Add me if you like!
  • weirdmommy
    Options
    opps...that was the woman saying she was bipolar and had hashimotos. I have both. I'm learning this group thing. I have a few friends on here..thats why I thought I would look into groups to find others like me.
  • palmerb2
    palmerb2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi group! Feel free to add me. I am looking for people who also have mental health issues and can relate to the struggle it adds to this getting healthy thing. I have major depressive disorder, gad, panic attacks and agoraphobia.
  • cupidval
    cupidval Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Valentine. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder. It would be nice to hear from other people who can relate. Send me a friend request.
  • serinareynolds
    Options
    I'm Bipolar 1 and have gained about 100lbs due to Depakote ER and Seroquel. I'm on kind of high doses to keep me stable. Most of my life I was underweight with an eating disorder. I'd like to lose a few lbs in a healthy diet/exercise way. Would love some friends as I'm new to mfp.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Also bipolar. Have been using MFP for a while, but only just started using the message boards, feel free to add me :)
  • dangermouse642
    Options
    Hi everyone . l was diagnosed bipolar yesterday. Before that it was just major depressive disorder and gad + panic attacks, but apparently the Shoe fits so here we go. Looking for friends to go thru weight loss journey with. feel free to add me and talk about anything,
  • kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have bipolar II and have gained weight from depakote and mirtazapine, looking for supportive friends!