Temptations...

Options
jenn7129
jenn7129 Posts: 15 Member
So this morning at work I walked into the kitchen area to get a spoon to eat my greek yogurt. What do I see? I huge box of donuts. Yummy, warm, sweet donuts! "Whaaaaat?!?!? NO!" I said as I grabbed my spoon and hurried back to my desk to eat my yogurt. I DID NOT have and WILL NOT have a donut.

WILL POWER ladies. We got this! Don't give into the temptations. :)

Replies

• boulevardMto180
    Options
    Congrats to you Jenn! I'm so happy for you. The workplace is usually where I get most tempted as well. We have over 300 employees. The company is always celebrating someone's birthday, wedding, promotion, new baby, new car, new hairdo.
    I'm committed to bringing my own snacks into work to help fight the temptation.
    Keep up the good work!
    -Mel
  • lhinds85
    lhinds85 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great job on resisting temptation. You have great will power. I keep forks, spoons, and napkins in my office so I don't go into the kitchen. I'm weak
  • boulevardMto180
    Options
    Great job on resisting temptation. You have great will power. I keep forks, spoons, and napkins in my office so I don't go into the kitchen. I'm weak
    [/quote

That's a great idea L! I steer clear of the cafe as much as possible.
  • jenn7129
    jenn7129 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Boulevard it's the same way at my work. Last month was just awful with the holidays. Everyone just had to show off their baking skills. :)
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
    Omg, our admin brings in chocolate and candy alll the time. We have a huge bowl and it just sits there beside the photocopier = I getothers to grab my printing lol. So brutal to have wilwill power constantly at WORK.
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    So this morning at work I walked into the kitchen area to get a spoon to eat my greek yogurt. What do I see? I huge box of donuts. Yummy, warm, sweet donuts! "Whaaaaat?!?!? NO!" I said as I grabbed my spoon and hurried back to my desk to eat my yogurt. I DID NOT have and WILL NOT have a donut.

*virtual high five and happy dance* Go you, Jenn!! My parents have m&m's (OMG, my favourite!!) sitting on the lounge room table. I desperately need to get my hands on some dark chocolate to have my sweet hit in the morning so they don't taunt me all day!
  • jgablin
    jgablin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! I would've caved.... and then worked out hard that day! :)
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options

O_o ! Did u say WARM too? U deserve an 'S' on your chest! I dunno if i could have resisted that.
  • jenabee610
    jenabee610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job Jenn. Will power is something I need to work on. I often cave into temptation, which happened today. Ugh! it's okay I went to the gym to work it off.

I also work at a place where there is constantly food. I work in the HR department so it is often my job to arrange all the food, but another problem I have is that people often bring our HR team lots of goodies. They take so much time to make them and it's so sweet that I feel guilty and take a little. In Hawaii, as a sign of respect we often call women that are older than yourself Aunty. It's so hard to say no to these Aunties. Any advice?
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Is your office small enough that you can be honest with the aunties and enlist their support? Or, if you know what you'll hear back from them is, "Oh honey, YOU don't need to lose weight!" then maybe you have to resort to the "doctor's orders" white lie with a sad little smile.

If you can't turn it completely down, either due to willpower issues or risk of giving mortal offense, try taking a half or even quarter sized portion and literally chewing each small bite 25 times. Your mouth will be totally saturated with the flavor for satisfaction, but for way fewer calories, and you'll still be eating long after everyone else is done scarfing down their portions.

Good luck!
  • lilmidnightwolf
    lilmidnightwolf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! At my job, the stuents cook a lot especially on Fridays..It is SOOOOO hard to resist at times. But since I started this on Dec. 31, 2013 I refuse to give in .....Going to always say NO THANK YOU! no matter what it is. Food is a temptation BUT Willpower is strength that we all have! WE GOT THIS , LADIES!!! :glasses:
  • CourtneyMolina
    CourtneyMolina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job Jen! I wish I could have said the same thing today, but I caved this morning and had one :frown: but I logged it and am going to work out extra hard today to burn it off! I keep having to tell myself it's ok to cheat a little sometimes, and if you feel guilty for it just hit the gym :happy: