Walking to Mordor

Hi guys!! I'm doing a walk to Mordor challenge at the moment, just started it last week... I am doing it slightly different, I am travelling anyway I can under my own steam to Mordor, so swimming, biking, walking to Mordor. If anyone fancies doing it, I will share the link here....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtR3lM2UD4-9dHRiV3pKZlZNV1doZDZ5bE1IX3d0ZXc#gid=0

I have made my own Hobbit name and all the fun stuff.... :)

Replies

• Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Good idea!

I've been doing my own Mount Doom trek over the past few months, and documenting a bit on my blog here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Ftw37
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I love it! That would take a very long time though... at 3-5 miles a day lol.
  • JackiSto
    JackiSto Posts: 56 Member
    This is fantastic in so many ways. Also, who knew it was so many miles to Mordor! Poor little Hobbitses.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    I'm so excited because for our tenth anniversary my hubby is taking me to New Zealand and we'll be spending a day hiking through Tongariro National Park...where they filmed Mordor and Mount Doom! I'm geeking out about it. This seems fun to try!
  • valmaebel
    So, can I just add my name to the list then?
  • saviarre
    saviarre Posts: 26 Member
    I am so in!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 671 Member
    Yes, what do I need to do to start this?
  • This is great! And we must all know what your Hobbit name is....:smile:
  • harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    This is a fantastic idea!
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 302 Member
    I had no idea this existed! I am SO ON BOARD! *straps frying pan to back*
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 671 Member
    Will someone address how to sign up for this? It will probably take me a few years to get there and home, but what a great idea!
  • loztandfound
    loztandfound Posts: 73 Member
    Wow, so much enthusiasm!! I must admit, I'm quite pleased with you guys :) I let you know and wasn't expecting so much.... interest :)

There isn't a start date, end date or timescale in which to do it - the Hobbits did about 20 miles a day (but they didn't have kids, school, work, bills, etc....). I am only doing about 5-7 miles 4 ish times per week, depending on my shift work. If you click on the link, or copy/paste into your address bar, there are links underlined which give you the separate sections. I have said to myself I want to do the Hobbiton to Rivendell bit by my birthday, in october - nope, not quite 111 or even 55 yet!

As my Hobbit name includes my real name, I won't give it on here.... but it is a good un!

On the spreadsheet, I changed their name for mine, and used 'ranking' column as a running total instead. Saves me adding it up each time!

Hope that helps, I will check this more regularly to see any updates. I'm currently 'singing a little song' around the 17mile mark :D
  • aekellund
    aekellund Posts: 10 Member
    It will take me forever, but I want to do this so badly!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    OMG I'm not much of a spreadsheet person, but I love this so much. <3
  • loztandfound
    loztandfound Posts: 73 Member
    not much of a spreadsheet person?? Google docs FTW!! do it! :) ENJOY, most of all...
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    For us the Tongariro trail is also on the list for our next NZ visit. Last time it fell trough due to a massive allergy attack. No long distance walking possible.
    NZ is my other country. Love the place.
  • valmaebel
    For us the Tongariro trail is also on the list for our next NZ visit. Last time it fell trough due to a massive allergy attack. No long distance walking possible.
    NZ is my other country. Love the place.

I've never been there before and I'm am soooooooe excited! It is going to be amazing!