Just Dance Challenge: January 2014

Options
So this is the January 2014 challenge. This is where you'll keep track of your progress and also just talk in general about the songs you want to master, dances you love and the ones you hate and other stuff too.

Replies

• Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Funny, cuz I actually rang in my New Year playing JD4 with my kids- yes, pretty wild, I know! LOL

I don't know how often I'll get to play, but I hope to play a few hours a week.

You should find a funky JD pic to add to the group page, just an idea :)
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I can't dance everyday because most of my nights are spent doing homework, but I can work out at least 4 times a week. And I will do an hour each time. This will be a big challenge for me, but I'm going to do it!

I'll switch between: Just Dance 4, Just Dance 2014, Zumba, and Michael Jackson

Jan 8 - 261lbs

Goal Weight - 254
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Funny, cuz I actually rang in my New Year playing JD4 with my kids- yes, pretty wild, I know! LOL

I don't know how often I'll get to play, but I hope to play a few hours a week.

You should find a funky JD pic to add to the group page, just an idea :)

Working on one! :)
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    My ankle is feeling a lot better. It's not 100% but I will be going on Just Dance 2014 and having a go tomorrow!
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is my third night in a row doing the Just Dance. I have done it for 1 hour + each night! Hope to lose! This is definitely more fun and I think a much better workout than the treadmill!
  • kikionna4
    kikionna4 Posts: 308
    Options
    Pretty excited for this group! My goal is an hour or more 5-7 days a week. I do the Just Sweat Cardio work out with a few extra songs before for a warm up. :) Good luck everyone!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Just Dance 2014 has the actual calorie counter so that has made me rather happy. Anyway, I done an hour and burned 387 calories today.

My main song is Limbo by Daddy Yankee. I got 5* with a score of over 12000
    I also did Where Have You Been (Extreme) by Rihanna. I got 4* and oh SNAP was that song hard! Got me moving though, which is the aim of the weight-loss game!
    I did more than this but yeah, all in all, a pretty good run here.
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Jin Go Lo Ba! I did a few songs from the original JD last night and I forgot how awesome those songs are!

My kids asked if they could play with me, and I was like, "Not tonight- Momma needs space" LOL. Don't feel bad tho- I have 4 teenagers (yes FOUR!), so they get over stuff pretty quickly ;)
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just wanna update my results :)
    So I've been doing either JustDance or Zumba for 30 - 60 mins almost everyday. It got boring so I signed up for the Zumba class twice/week.

Weight :
    9/24/13 : 136.8 ( The day my husband bought me my first dancing game.)
    1/2 : 127.4
    1/16: 125.6
    1/28: 125.4
  • mcsweetly
    Options
    I haven't weighed in this week yet, but did JD almost everyday earning no less than 3000 Sweat Points, but don't seem to be dropping weight that much. I have noticed my leg muscles have gotten quite defined though!
  • jitsuda
    Options
    I have noticed my leg muscles have gotten quite defined though!

Awesome! :wink:
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    I haven't weighed in this week yet, but did JD almost everyday earning no less than 3000 Sweat Points, but don't seem to be dropping weight that much. I have noticed my leg muscles have gotten quite defined though!

Keep going, you're doing great!

Everybody is doing awesome! I'm sorry I haven't been on here so much, just had a lot of things going on for the past couple of weeks.

Today, I will be playing a bit of JD2014 and also some Biggest Loser. I'm going to the gym as well. I'll let you all know how I get on! :D
  • jitsuda
    Options
    Let me know if you like the Biggest Looser. I have been looking into it.
  • mcsweetly
    Options
    I lost 1.8 lbs this week! Just wanted to share. I wasn't able to do JD last night or tonight. Fighting a terrible cold and can't breathe and hope it doesn't wreck my success of last week. How is everyone else doing?

How did you like the Biggest Loser? Is that a Wii game also? I am interested in that one too. Let me know what ya'll think about it.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    So far, it's brilliant. The exercises are really good and they're useful. The only problem I have is that you can't make your own character and the synching with your motion and the game is a little out. For example, it'll tell you to go faster and you're giving Speedy Gonzales a run for his money. The meal planner is a great idea but I have MLP so I've skipped that.

I would say to invest in it so far.

=====

Also, Just Dance-related. I've clocked up about 50-ish minutes on it this week doing Limbo by Daddy Yankee (my jam), Where Have You Been EXTREME by Rihanna and It's You by Duck Sauce.

Also, McSweetly, well done on your weight loss and I'm sorry to hear you have a cold. I hope you get well soon!