Need direction

I joined because I want to start lifting and was told this was a good place to start... So, can someone please direct me to the sticky topic that can give me some beginning pointers (I'm sure there must be one ????)
Thank you
p.s. Is stronglifts for women the same as the original (for men)?

Replies

• robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Yes, strong lifts for women is the same program as for men. The only difference will likely be in the progression you make or where you start - if you can't squat an oly bar for instance, start with something lighter or even just start with squatting your body weight. The key is to use good form (you tube is your friend here for great videos showing you what the lifts should look like) and to progress. The other thing you may want to look at is a set of micro plates - I use oversized washers, so that I can continue to progress lifts such as the OH press without going up a full 5 lbs which for a woman is a huge jump.
    Finally, take a look at the SL website - the founder is kind of a tool, but there is some good information there if you can get around the BS.
    Hope that helps - and welcome to the obsession!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    stickies are on the first page here, with the drawing pin logo next to them. Have a read! :)