It's January, Diehards!

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
I've seen a few Diehards who have been MIA on my newsfeed this week. Time for a check in - how's everybody doing?

Replies

• Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Gained 2 lbs since the new year due to lack of exercises and eating a bit more lol

However, I'm back on track tomorrow and I signed up for a charity run in March as well so it's time to get serious :P
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    Hi Guys!
    Back to business.
    I'm interested in doing the diehard challenge that someone started - to lose 25 pounds for Valentines' Day?
    Is that still happening?
    I probably can't do 25, but I would love to shoot for 10...
    Let me know.
    BBB
    PS Glad to be back!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Back at it this week. Yesterday was hard, but today I'm getting it done. I've already resisted gingerbread cookies and German Chocolate Cookies (Straight from Germany). Yummo...walking at lunch today and then hopefully doing a walk away the pounds video when I get home. Also, a co-worker and I are doing the "Squat Challange" again this month. So today it's 50 squats!
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,
    Good idea to reconvene the group in January. Thanks for keeping us honest and accountable! :-)

The holidays are always difficult and I'm glad they're over. My eating is back on track and (although my weight had jumped up to 180 after eating an entire pumpkin pie - among other things), it's now back down to 172.6.

I still have 22.6 pounds to get to goal weight of 150 (my weight at age 29).

Would like to start planning meals in advance but really have just been winging it, trying to do reduced carb eating, and using MFP to log food / water / exercise, which has worked pretty well.
    There must be a way to automate the meal process- like having certain "go to" meals that I don't have to think about. Does anyone else do this? (I'll start a new topic in case anyone has ideas about how to do this).
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm trying really hard to hold myself accountable. In New Orleans, we go from one food holiday to the next. So with the holidays ending, it’s now king cake season here in NOLA, and I've resisted two slices since yesterday. I gained through the holidays, so I’m not willing to keep that trend going for a sweet treat on my taste buds. I'm back on track and finally seeing the scale move in the right direction again. My activity level has gone way down, because I'm a klutz and had a horrible fall on New Year’s Eve, injuring both knees and tearing my LCL in the left knee. I’m in a brace for at least four weeks, but the doc says it could be months before I’m pain free. Hopefully in about a month I’ll be good for short walks, just to get a little exercise in. Good thing I got a Galaxy tablet for Christmas to keep my entertained while I’m keeping the couch warm!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Nice to see so many of you posting!

sgouti1 I'm sorry to hear about your leg! That stinks. Hope you heal fast.

I've been doing well with my workouts. I'm on a pretty structured schedule and I don't let myself deviate from it. I was really focused on eating well through the holidays and lost 7.5 pounds in December, but since the beginning of the year I'm having a harder time sticking to my calories. Not hungry so much as I just want to eat. Stayed in my calorie targets yesterday and am on track today, so hoping I'm getting myself back into the groove.
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks Laura! I have to get back into the swing of things, take weight loss seriously. My first goal, I have a pinched nerve in my back and i am trying to get that resolved. 2ndly i wanna get under 200 pounds. 3rdly keep going on the fitness journey, my original goal of getting to 170 that I set last year is still there.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm back, I think. :smile: I really "fell off the wagon" since August, but I"m getting back in the swing of things. I gained back 15 of the 22 pounds I lost last year, which really bummed me out for awhile. I've decided this year I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself to lose a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time. Instead I'm going to really focus on making a lifestyle change, which will result in weight loss and just overall better health. It's hard for me to not worry so much about the scale, but that's what I'm trying to do. Also I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to make sure to log everything that goes in my mouth or every physical activity I do, and I think it became more of a chore that I resented rather than a beneficial thing for me. So, at least for right now, I'll log when I feel like logging, and I won't when I don't. That doesn't mean that I'm not excercising and trying to eat right, just that I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself. I do have goals that I would like to attain this year, but I'm not going to set a time frame other than "this year." Here they are:

Lose 30 pounds
    Run a half marathon with my aunt sometime in the fall
    Stay away from fast food - unless it's Subway which I can handle wisely
    Eat dinner until I'm satisfied, not until I'm stuffed

I'm glad to be back on here and see everyone posting their recent progress and goals!
  • cindylu1962
    cindylu1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura and our die hard gang! I was out of the country with no access to the internet for the last week so I feel way way out of the loop. Are we doing a formal challenge here? I could use one as I do better with structure.
    My immediate goal is to lose the cruise weight (not sure yet how much that is because I just got home and I'll weigh in tomorrow morning).
    My continued goal is 1 pound per week loss
    and
    5 days per week of working out (cardio and strength and flexibility)

I am finishing a Valentine's day challenge on mfp soon and will need to contine as I want to push further.
  • cindylu1962
    cindylu1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard of the waist to hip ratio?
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/waist-to-hip-ratio

Mine said:
    Results:
    You have a waist to hip ratio of 0.89. The information you entered: Sex = Female, waist = 33 inches and hip = 37 inches.

Your shape puts you at increased risk of coronary heart disease, diabetes and stroke. Frequently referred to as apple shape, you tend to keep fat at your midsection and less on your hips. Your body converts this upper body fat to energy whenever your body runs short. This raises cholesterol and blood pressure.

I was reading up on it and just like BMI, etc. it's got it's pros and cons. Figuring mine out has led me to verify that I still need to lose more weight and tighten up to reduce my risk for heart disease. Being large framed and short doesn't help with looking stocky but you get what you get. I just want to to get more lean and healthy.

It was kind of upsetting the last week when my hair dresser said I am starting to look too thin. My DH thinks its jealousy but I don't know. I'm not near my ideal weight and fitness yet. I'm not even in the normal BMI or normal weight for published tables. I realize that you can't go by tables only so I am going by the way I feel. I know I'd feel better by losing some more weight. I'm working on 13 more pounds and then I'll re-evaluate.

Anybody else buy into this waist to hip ratio?