What's for dinner?

Options
So I'm @ work, with my eyes glued to the clock. Where is 4:30pm?
I can't wait to get home to start dinner. Nothing fancy, pan seared salmon, either mashed sweet potatoes, baked sweet potato or sweet potato wedges (I love sweet potato) and either string beans or broccoli.

What's on your menu for dinner?

Replies

• HOPEPATRICK74
    HOPEPATRICK74 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A LOVELY SALAD, I ATE TO MUCH AT LUNCH TODAY. I HATE NOT HAVING OPTIONS OF PLACES I CAN GO WITH OUT A CAR AT WORK, AND HAVING NO TIME TO GET SOMETHING TOGETHER IN THE MORNING. I AM GOING TO SPEND THE WEEKEND MAKING FIGURE FRIENDLY SOUP FOR NEXT WEEK. I FOUND A GREAT RECIPE ON ALLRECIPES.COM I AM GOING TO TRY. CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP....YUM!
  • emilynbanks
    Options
    Chicken fingers and fries because of a basketball game, but I'm about to burn some calories to make up for it!
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Frozen chicken alfredo dinner ....whoop di do.... I will have a better dinner with the hubby tomorrow.
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm having fish, too. There was some tilapia on sale yesterday, so I picked it up. I'll probably cook it up with butter, onions and dill (the usual fare for me), maybe roast some green beans before they go bad, and make some rice.
  • Annamanana
    Options
    Steak, roasted eggplant, and a salad. I'm a fan of sweet potato too and I have to share something new I've been doing with it. I bought a thing called a julienne peeler. You run it along a sweet potato and it makes long skinny strips, then put the strips in the oven for 15-20 minutes. It makes these awesome crispy, crunchy gems that you can just eat plain. And I love them on a salad!
  • jgablin
    jgablin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    broiled halibut w/lemon & spices. boiled rice mixed with fresh spinach & onion. for dessert: sugar free chocolate pudding pack. i'm happy! ;)
  • JoyLaine
    JoyLaine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what's for dinner tonight. But I had for dinner what you're thinking about for dinner tonight! Broiled salmon (mine w/teriyaki sauce), 1/2 sweet potato & steamed green beans. Makes me hungry just thinking about it :smile:
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Tonight was going out for Indian with my colleagues - shrimp saagwala, but I probably should have paid a little more attention to how much naan I was munching.
  • deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Aubergine & Potato Curry, Indian Dal, Cucumber -pomegranate salad, Roti and Rice
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken and salad, to avoid those calorie and carb heavy baked veg.
  • kblount10
    Options
    We ate out at buffalo wild wings. Do you know how hard it was to eat naked tenders (cut up chicken breast) and a side salad while my lovely husband ate as many chicken wings as his heart desired. I did drink a diet coke which for me was a splurge =)
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    Options
    Aubergine & Potato Curry, Indian Dal, Cucumber -pomegranate salad, Roti and Rice

FYI, I am so jealous of your dinner, Deeksha. lol. Hope it was lovely!
    We ate out at buffalo wild wings. Do you know how hard it was to eat naked tenders (cut up chicken breast) and a side salad while my lovely husband ate as many chicken wings as his heart desired. I did drink a diet coke which for me was a splurge =)

Nice work staying on track in a high temptation situation! Positive choices for a new, positive lifestyle! =)
  • lilmidnightwolf
    lilmidnightwolf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Dinner tonight so far is Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast with spices, Fresh Raw Baby Carrots and.......that's all I got so far..lol
    Maybe some white rice?....
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    Options
    Had a deconstructed burger for dinner tonight - steak mince pattie with herbs and held together with an egg, lettuce, tomato and a tiny bit of onion. No bun, no tomato sauce. Om nom nom....
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Salmon!!yummy!