January 3: First Challenge, 30 Days

Options
2»

Replies

• aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Did 12 miles on the bike yesterday! I'm pretty happy with that. Hubby wanted to ride again today but its really windy so will have to figure something else out. I hate the wind. I will probably take the boys out later though.

Stay warm and safe ! Lots of good thoughts and prayers - And hope no one gets sick.
  • SandraJane2013
    SandraJane2013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did not start the challenge out the way I planned. All you can eat sushi lunch called my name and I was there before I knew it. I logged it all then tackled some bigger housekeeping chores. It is now 5 and I still feel pretty full - gonna make myself some tea. If I do get hungry, I have about 200 calories to spare, but more importantly, I will be ready to go for a walk and plan to go to bed earlier, rather than later.

Have a great evening!
  • dquarles85
    Options
    Having a hard time eating smaller portions. I need to plan ahead better so I'm not starved and snacking on easy to grab processed foods like my fave "healthy" granola bars! It's -16 degrees F outside today in Minneapolis with a windchill of -33 deg F...won't be making it to the gym today! Brrrr...will try to take more steps INSIDE!
  • singingsteph1972
    Options
    Yum....sushi!

Wellness thoughts headed your way phoena76!!

Kim.... I am so sorry to hear about your friend. We will be praying. We love you so! Really glad we are on this journey together!

As I am with everyone else here also!

I dare say, my current diet changes are giving me unbelievable amounts of energy! And I haven't even lost a pound yet! Simply adding a Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar & honey drink in the morning, a bone broth & sea salt drink at night, and an Advocare Spark drink before workouts has totally amped up my all day energy level. And the more I clean up my eating the better it gets! So excited to see how I will feel in a couple of weeks, and what my weight will be at the end of this 30 day challenge.

In other news, started my hardcore strict diet accountability with my trainer today, and I am so glad I did! Another piece to look forward to is being the "poster child" for the success of his gym and his training! Yay!

Blessings!
    Stephanie
  • aseymour13
    Options
    Morning all! @ Stephanie - I keep meaning to buy the Apple Cider Vinegar. Need to do that maybe today on my way home.
    @sandrajane - I know how tough to walk away from Sushi can be. We actually started going to a restaurant that doesnt have all you can eat so that we limit ourselves to what we order. The restaurant we go go to also has non-rice options which helps.
    @dquarle - I have the same issue especially as early as I start in the day and commutting I'm not always the best at taking food with me to the office - working on that. I have also changed my diary to reflect smaller meals and snacks - trying to get in the habit of eating something every few hours - if I'm not hungry, I skip a snack. Only been doing it for a few days but I'm discovering Im not craving food when I get home from work in particular which is good because what I pick up while I get dinner ready or whatever is usually crap. I also have started cutting veggies to snack on with hummus or salsa (mix alittle sour cream in there)

Stay safe and warm for those in the deep freeze! Everyone have a great day
  • aseymour13
    Options
    I'm joining for the support of others...and realizing this its a daily
    struggle for everyone. New year..new me :) not ready to post my
    Weight but I will post 30 day loss.

Here is to our journey in 2014! You got this
  • SandraJane2013
    Options
    I've heard awesome things about the Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar - good luck!
  • singingsteph1972
    Options
    I will admit, I am results driven when it comes to my weight. So I apologize to my fellow 30 day challengers. But I HAD to weigh in because 1) I started my "program" with my trainer and 2) I need to know that it's working to keep going. AND IT IS! Yesterday and today I weighed and confirmed I have lost 5 lbs since Jan 1st! WOO! Little changes over time make a difference, people. Don't give up. You WILL see results!
  • pheona76
    Options
    I will admit, I am results driven when it comes to my weight. So I apologize to my fellow 30 day challengers. But I HAD to weigh in because 1) I started my "program" with my trainer and 2) I need to know that it's working to keep going. AND IT IS! Yesterday and today I weighed and confirmed I have lost 5 lbs since Jan 1st! WOO! Little changes over time make a difference, people. Don't give up. You WILL see results!

Way to go!!! You are well on your way to achieving "poster child" status. Keep it up!
  • singingsteph1972
    Options
    How is everyone's 30 day challenge coming along? I must admit that I have struggled a little. I had stopped writing down my food diary entries, which consequently caused me to put whatever I wanted (and DID NOT need) into my mouth. But I realized it within a day or so, and got right back to the food diary. And so I start again! I don't beat myself up anymore when I slip. I just get up, brush myself off, and start again!
  • SandraJane2013
    Options
    I have not been consistent with my daily logging. Regardless of the reasons why I've been challenged in doing so ( I can make up excuses to add to the real ones), I feel like I just haven't been responsible or serious enough. It really is maddening to me and certainly attests to why I struggle weight loss. I will keep at it - I do believe I have lost a bit of weight, as my pants are not as snug - so maybe at a subconscious level I am working the program. Rah Rah Siss Boom Baw - thats a little motivational cheer for you all.:smile:
  • SandraJane2013
    Options
    Gosh - what has happened? Did the group disband????? The 31st is just around the corner. I did an absolutely horrible job of being consistent with entering my daily food AND I was equally terrible about following a consistent exercise plan. But I told myself that I would do the food log every day for the last week and so far so good. Well, my daughter reminded me about my goal a couple times and here I am, finishing off Tuesdays and completing today's. Enjoy the rest of the week AND the rest of the challenge.
  • SandraJane2013
    Options
    Well, I lost over 5 lbs for the month. YEAH. I need to track better and definitely get more exercise in. Thanks for the challenge for the month of January.