New Year Starters and Restarters!

Options
13»

Replies

• seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi! I fell off the weight loss wagon in August 2013. Put back the 7 kg I had lost and now weigh more than I did when I started to diet. I am now on my first day of the 5:2 eating plan, with lots of hope and a good exercise regime planned. I'm 66 so THIS time I better succeed, not that much time left :)
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I restarted on 1st January, by which time I was tired of rich foods and wanted fresh stuff anyway. Last year I managed to lose 1lb overall! So I'll obviously be good at maintaining if I ever get that far.Am trying to lose the weight I regained comfort eating after the death of my husband in September 2010.
  • kat239
    kat239 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi all, im re-re-starting as of today this time im sticking with it.
  • JanisMay67
    Options
    I started on the 1st.

I've only dieted once before, and that was years ago. I now know I've got to resign myself to this for a long slog. It's taken a long time to creep up, and it will take a long time to go.

Dieting for the benefit of my health, as suffer badly from arthritis. All the extra weight I carry can't be helping.
  • albionjen
    albionjen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Happy new year and welcome to MFP to the newbies!

I restarted properly this week. Since I was away on holiday over Christmas and New Year I couldn't log and so managed to gain about 1-2kg with all the holiday food and drink. Ooops :noway:

So I'm starting 2014 with renewed discipline to lose the holiday weight and a few extra kg as well. Since I'm fairly happy with my weight now, I've also made some fitness goals for this year. I want to improve my running times with goal: 5k time <25 minutes; 10k time <55minutes. My second goal is to be able to do at least 1 pull-up.

Good luck to everyone in reaching their 2014 goals :smile:
  • fionarama_
    fionarama_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Restarting again here too! I really need to do this properly in 2014! Please add me as a friend if you like, and feel free to shout at me when you see me still eating Quality Street mid-January!! :D

Good luck everyone this year. We can do it!
  • Zippedydoodah
    Zippedydoodah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am 5'8" and around 210-215 (I think - I still haven't dared to stand on the scales yet) - lowest I have ever been for about 2 weeks was 154 and I have spent most of my life hovering around the 200 mark + or - about 15 lbs. >.< can't believe I am having to lose weight again but back injuries + work + life + laziness got on top of me and back to square one :(

Looking to drop in the region of 60-80lbs and get back to being healthy! Most people I meet seem to think I might need to drop 20-30lbs but nothing as drastic as 60-80 - Now a large size 14 or a small 16 - aiming to drop into a small 12 (or large 10) by the end of May!

Fitness + size for me is more important than absolute weight! ^_^ a cross between being dead lazy and actually really liking to be active (when i am gymming I really go for it but when I am off - I turn into jabba the hut).

Turning 31 this month so really don't want to see 32 at this weight!

:) looking for friends to share the journey!! London Based so always happy to meet new friends!

~*~*~ THINKING POSITIVE! ~*~*~
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    Habitual restarter hear. Got back into it on the 5th. Head to South America for 6 months in Feb so have all the motivation I should need. 4 days in let's see how long it lasts.

Best of luck to everyone and feel free to add if you think we can help motivate each other.
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hey
    im restating again, lost nearly 3 stone in 2012 with MFP then spent last year putting it all back on with a couple of half hearted attempts to restart in between. But now, i must have got some will power and determination in my stocking for Christmas because sine the new year ive stopped smoking and full committed myself. If i could buy a count down i would.
    goals set and im here to stay
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Restarter here, put on a stone since August and want to lose it by May, 16 weeks to do this and get my bikini body sorted!

Have started a new year blog to keep track and have somewhere to ramble!

Feel free to add me and I'll do my best to support you in your journey!
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Hi I'm Dan

I'm from the uk and looking for new active friends, I've been here awhile and lost 5 stone but I've reset my ticker for this year.
    I log everyday and I'm always up for a laugh.

Anybody can add me ????
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I a much like Daisy, put on about 10kg between September and Christmas. Working on it coming off again since January 2nd.
  • emmaward84
    emmaward84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Re-starter here too!

I quit when I found out I was pregnant and nearly 2 years later I'm back, sleep deprived or not :-)

I decided over Christmas to get back into shape and as soon as the clock struck 12 that was it, the diet began. I've been good so far and kept under my calorie goal, unfortunately I put on 7lbs during the festive season so I'm starting pretty much from the beginning. So far so good...lost 4lbs and counting. My incentive is the amount of weddings and hen-dos I'm invited to this year, I've got 5 month to lose and tone before I head off to a sunny beach, surrounded by beautiful bodies..I'm dreading it atm.

The only advice I have is to plan your food shopping in advance and by this I mean every meal you'll eat and have in mind the calories contained in each.

I've looked up so many good recipes to make and my husband is loving them.You don't have to be on a diet of cardboard to lose weight, trust me and goodluck !!
  • davids122
    Options
    I'm restarting again after a not so good 2013. In 2012 I had some success on MFP and managed to lose about 2 stone and completed Pedal for Scotland.

Had a hernia operation back in September and since then I've really been piling on the pounds to the point that I'm now the heaviest I've been :(

Keen now to get back on track with some gentle exercise initially - walking and swimming then hope to try and get back on the bike, again very gently at first.

Starting recording my food as of today - I've got 5 stone to lose and I'm determined this time more than ever as I suffer from high BP, and I'm sure my weight is making me feel tired too often.
  • ursicles
    Options
    Starting again too as 40 next yr and wanna make sure I'm around for a while longer!

Work up in london and find lunch is the killer where it goes wrong - not to mention going for 1 after work!

Started cycling last yr and loving that - did 52 miles for charity in September and found that it was a real motivator to get me out there, so maybe more of that.
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I restarted 8 days ago as I realised that logging equals losing and diy equals gaining. I kept up with the 10,000 steps a day on my fitbit, but when not logging food 'forgot' that i'd eaten the odd packet of biscuits!!

Logging is accountability and this is what I need - and it's working again for me. Being honest with the logs and trying to get that magic 30 mins of intensive activity each day is going to be the key, not managed it yet, but I've hit 23 mins for the last couple of days which is better than the 2-5 mins I was getting!

My walk with the dogs used to take 1 hour 40 for the long circuit - today I did the same in 1 hour 10! This gives me time to log onto mfp! Both ways a bonus!

Hope everyone is doing ok with their first week - look forward to reading posts about successes!!

MA