New to the group...1st baby!

Options
justjenny
justjenny Posts: 529 Member
Hello all! I have been on MFP for awhile now, and lost 8 pounds carb cycling. I am now pregnant, and obviously not looking to lose weight. Just want to stay working out and eating right, so that the only extra weight is baby. :smile:

I am older (41) and am starting ito the last week of my first trimester. Would love to meet other mommies to be and learn what you are doing for nutrition, and exercise.

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year! Here's to a year of healthy babies! :smile:

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 36 and nearly 25 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. I also have a 4.5 yer old and a 2.5 year old.

I put on loads of weight with my 2nd, but lost it all and more, so actually started this pregnancy smaller than I started my first. I lost about 70lbs since my daughter was 8 weeks old, and I've been on MFP for 555 consecutive days now. I was losing weight before I discovered MFP, for about a year.

Nutrition wise I just eat pretty much what I was eating before, except I've increased my calories from 1500 to 1800. I had a naughty couple of weeks leading up to Xmas (too many chocolates and mince pies), but I'm back on track now. My aim is to be good all week and have a treat one of the weekend days. I was really nauseous, although never threw up, until 14 weeks, so ate too many carbs and just basically ate what I could to stop feeling sick, so any major weight I gained was in that first trimester.

I've exercised throughout, even through the nausea, which I'm pleased about. I still do some classes - spinning, Zumba, step aerobics and aerobics, but have toned it down a bit. I've stopped things like LBT, stability ball, boxercise etc as they focus too much on abs exercises. I also do gym sessions where I mix cardio and strength training. I still do weights, squats, lunges etc, and walk on the treadmill on an incline, use the elliptical, bike and stepper. I do 4-5 sessions a week, depending on what I can fit round my husband's shifts and looking after my kids, and work. I work part time as a teacher.
  • Lachiesmum
    Lachiesmum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have a son 21 months and am currently 4 weeks pregnant (unofficial).

I put on quite a bit of weight with my son which I have now lost but I plan to be more careful with this baby. I let people put fear into me that exercise is bad during pregnancy so I stopped a lot of the high impact stuff I was doing which would not have helped with the weight gain.

This pregnancy I am still doing the same exercise and will stop or slow down when I feel I am over doing it or can no longer physically do it. I have a big sweet tooth so would like to cut out "most" of the sweets :) and eat more fresh food.

Feel free to add me :)
  • Lachiesmum
    Lachiesmum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Coffee!! I must also cut back on coffee! :( Although with my first pregnancy I went off it completely. hopefully that will happen again.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Coffee!! I must also cut back on coffee! :( Although with my first pregnancy I went off it completely. hopefully that will happen again.

I went off coffee at first, but I was on 4 cups a day before that. When I stopped feeling nauseous I was ok with coffee, but switched to decaf. I allow myself one cup of real coffee a day. I also have decaf tea.
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am 12 weeks and have spent the last 6 going a **little wild** at the holiday parties and festivities.
    I am super ready to use my renewed energy to get regain some strength and fitness (I have walked every day, but no weights or resistance work-too tired! My doctor gave me the go-ahead and I am ready!) and make healthy food choices for me and my baby.

I would love some new friends who I can support and motivate and who can support me and hold me accountable in these goals for the rest of my healthy pregnancy!
  • justjenny
    Options
    Nice to meet you all! I haven't logged during the holidays...but I was down 1.8 pounds last week.
    ..of course...it's back now. Lol. All in all since I found out, I am up 4 pounds in 8 weeks. Is that average? Definitely will start logging again this week. I have been working out...jogging on treadmill, pilates dvd's, and I start a yoga class in two weeks. Is anyone using any pregnancy dvd's?
  • muscati
    muscati Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 40 years old and this is my fourth, and maybe last.
    I'm 25 weeks.
    I really wasn't doing much until. Last week when my doctor told me to slow down! Lol
    I have put on 20 pounds so I need to get with the program and put the snacks down. I also need to start walking. Lol

Add me!
  • MTB29erGirl
    Options
    Hello ladies! I have been wanting to loose that extra 20 lbs for a year now and just signed up for MFP and right when I started, my husband and I found out I was pregnant with our first!! We have our first doctor appointment in a week and a half and I think I'm 5 weeks (unofficially). I want to remain active so I have been doing some indoor power walking & spinning since the weather is so cold here in Illinois now. MFP has helped me track calories as I have NEVER paid attention to that before. So far I'm enjoying it and it helps hold me back when I want to indulge. Looking forward to sharing this experience with you ladies!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm pregnant with my first too. I'm almost 17 weeks. For me, the first 14 weeks I was so nauseous and had so many food aversions that I lost 7 lbs. So far, i'm still in the "loss" category instead of the "gain" category. I just joinedthe gym to keep myself active and walking!

Feel free to add me!
  • justjenny
    Options
    Nice to meet you all! Feel free to add me. The more support the better off we are! :smile:
  • sunset1004
    sunset1004 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 27 years old and 24 weeks with my first. I had been tracking and somewhat faithful with exercise for about a year before becoming pregnant. Unfortunately I stopped tracking and exercising at that point (maybe 5 workouts total in the first 20 weeks). I am ready to get back on track and have been doing stretching and squats for the last week. I am looking for some support and motivation. :-)
    Does anyone have other ideas for what I can do to ease myself back into working out while pregnant? I live in Illinois, so walking/running outside (what I used to do) isn't an option right now.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant with my first - Due April 15th! I'm just trying to eat healthy foods, cut out the sweets (although sometimes I don't do so great), drink plenty of water, and go on walks for exercise. I'm trying to stay near my calorie goal, but mostly focusing on eating healthy REAL foods (fruits & veggies!) to make sure I'm getting the nutrition I need and to stop packing on the pounds so fast.
  • RoxyMoody
    RoxyMoody Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm 29 years old and 29 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I had lost about 50 lbs using MFP and then gained about 20 back in the 6 months leading up to my pregnancy (my then fiance, now husband, came back from a 6 month deployment and we got married shortly after so there was a lot of eating out and celebrating...)

I was *super* sick during the first trimester and lost about 12 pounds and was being told that I needed to gain more weight by my nurse midwife. Then this week, BAM! I get diagnosed with gestational diabetes (I've still only gained 13 pounds and don't have any family history of diabetes so it was a shock). Anywhoo - I'm just starting to get back into tracking my food on MFP and aiming to stay within the GD guidelines.

As far as exercise goes, I've been doing a lot of walking (I live in TX so it;s not too cold here) and prenatal yoga DVDs. Both of those seem to really help keep me grounded too.

Congrats again and I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 28 and FTM, due April 1 with a baby boy.

I've gained more than I would like to, being almost 29 weeks, but still in the range my doctor would like me. I was slightly overweight pre-pregnancy but he still wants me gaining 25-35lbs. So, my goal is to keep it at or under 35lbs. I'm also standing in a wedding about 3 months after the birth so it's a big motivator to watch what I'm eating, exercise, and to lose that baby weight after!

I've pretty much been walking and doing yoga, when my body isn't hurting. I'm short and have had back pain since pretty much the 2nd trimester. Apparently I had the pain early because he doesn't have a lot of room to grow. However, the walking and yoga are pretty good at minimizing the pain!
  • lisaeure
    lisaeure Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am 15 weeks pregnant with my first and so happy to be out of my first trimester. I couldn't do anything but sleep. ;) I feel renewed and ready to take on some pregnancy yoga. Yay for making humans loves!!!!