New the group - not so new to MFP

Options
patnj
patnj Posts: 19 Member
Hi all,

Like too many, I'm a repeater on MFP, having lost the same 15 lbs over and over again. My highest weight was 227 - this time I restarted in January at 208. I'm currently doing ok - down 22 but have stalled. I would love to be in a group where people are active, supportive and in the same boat [ it doesn't melt off like it did when I was 25 ].

3 yrs we moved north to a house with no stairs and no more going to the office, 2 yrs ago I retired. I thought I would be more physically active in retirement, turns out not so much. We're travelling more (read eating in different places with less control), we're enjoying life but it's active in different ways. In November my step mother gave me her fitbit [which she wasn't using], it was eye-opening for me. I guess knitting in the car doesn't burn a lot of calories.

My goal was to be at a healthy BMI (<25) by July 31. I'm not sure I can make that but I still want to try.

Replies

• cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi! Started out just under a year ago and lost 65 pound then only lost one pound in Feb March so joined here. It certainly helps keeping track. Good luck.
  • snookybear
    Options
    I'm back (again) I have 10 months to lose about 20kg so I can look great for my daughters wedding and enjoy our cruise.
    No junk food in the house and growing veggies. Wearing my pedometer every day and aiming for over 10 thousand steps.
    and I joined the gym
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have gone from 1800 steps Monday to just under 9000 yesterday.
    I have also outlawed junk food.