January 1st, 2014. Pound a week is still doable I believe:)

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
Hey everyone! Not sure how many people are going to read this but I was thinking although most of us were not able to lose pound a week but it is still not impossible. Are there any group members who did actually lost one pound each week on average? I had lost over 24 lbs in 2013 but all of it came back sadly:sad: I am determined to lose pound a week again in 2014. What are your plans?

Replies

• DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Umer I'm IN THIS WITH YOU BUDDY!!!
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I lost a little weight, but definitely not a pound a week. My focus was off, but hopefully I can get back at it and really stick to it.
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just calculated my loss - SW January 2, 2013 220. CW January 2014. 168. Exactly 52 pounds. I'm close to goal - maybe 8 more for a total of 90. Good luck to all of you.
  • umer76
    Options
    I just calculated my loss - SW January 2, 2013 220. CW January 2014. 168. Exactly 52 pounds. I'm close to goal - maybe 8 more for a total of 90. Good luck to all of you.
    Thats awesome. You have achieved your goal. Good to see that. Congrats on your success!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

WOW THAT'S AWESOME!!! GREAT JOB KAREN :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was doing pretty good until I got home from my deployment. I feel like I fell off the planet when I got home. I continued to lose for a couple months, not as much as a pound a week, but I was 5lbs from my goal and then I just lost all motivation. I gained about 15 of it back :-(

So, now I'm not deployed and I'm going to brush myself off and get back on the horse - I'm going to prove that I can lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle even while dealing with all the crap real life throws at me. And even if my daughter fights every bit of healthy food I cook, I'm not going to cave and start eating out all the time, again.
  • umer76
    Options
    it seems like 2014 is the year to get rid of the gained weight in 2013:smokin: AND in addition to that there should be REAL progress for this year. Getting rid of last year's weight only should not be an option.

My target for first 6 months of 2014 is to lose 22 lbs thats roughly pound a week. There is no I am going to let it slip away this time.:mad:
  • srlib12
    srlib12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tried a pound a week last year. I only lost 3 lbs. I want to try again this year. My goal is a pound a week for 20 weeks. I work full time and sit at a computer all day. We just moved into a house so the yard work will keep me active and in the summer I will be able to swim. Meanwhile I started walking the dog for 20 minutes. My issue is motivation :grumble: LOL!
  • umer76
    Options
    Last year from Jan to April my pound a week goal was pretty successful. I am going to do it this year as well. I can lose 13 lbs in the first quarter of 2014. Lets do it people!!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I started off well last year but crashed and burned by the last of it. I managed to keep an 18lb loss for the year though so that's not HORRIBLE. However, this year I am not letting depression or stress keep me down. I WILL lose at least a pound a week and make healthy a lifestyle. So I am right with you!! We've GOT this!!
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So do we have a new challenge????
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I miss our great group:( I still have 25 or so pounds to go. I have been maintaining since June. Time to push to the finish line and beyond:)
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Would definitely be interested in starting up a new weighin challenge..its get for motivation!
  • umer76
    Options
    Why don't we change the name of the group to 2014 and continue with it. All the friends are group members are here. People who have not logged into the group for more than one or two months can be removed and lets start fresh again with active members. Can somebody do that?

After that we can post the new challenges to keep the motivation going and start having real weight loses. In first 4 months of 2013 I had lost nearly 16 lbs.
  • aprilmccurdy64
    Options
    I understand how you feel.... I'm fighting a hard fight. Hard fight
  • srlib12
    srlib12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Week 1 and I lost a pound. Yay for me!! On to week 2...
  • gardendolly
    gardendolly Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I was part of this group for the about half of 2013, and it was really good. I hit a bad patch and spent quite a while making little progress. Having said that, I ended the year a stone lighter than I started. I have joined Weight Watchers because I enjoy the face to face meetings, and at the moment am not logging on MFP. I really miss the support that you get on her though. If you were looking at a 2014 group, then I would be interested in joining in.
  • jacksprat
    jacksprat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I set up the 2014 group, I was in last year and was fine for about 3 months, losing 13 pounds, for the life of me I don't remember what got me off track. But at the beginning of this year I thought of the difference it would be if I were celebrating the loss of 52 pounds instead of the gain of 7. So I lost 6 since the end of December and I am committed to doing a ponnd a week. I have read many of your posts and I want to be included in the celebration at the end of this year with all of you. Let's move over to the 2014 group and get it done. BTW, I have lost a pound a week for the two weeks this year. 49 to go.....
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 15 lbs to start. I started my weight loss diet at 235 lbs in Jan. 2014 n so far I have lost 7 lbs and it looks as if though I have lost another 1 lb this week. I purposely bulked over the past 5 months to gain a little more muscle but again that sadly came with collecting fat and fat is fat how ever you get it. For those that have stubborn fat loss you may want to slightly readjust your calorie intake as mpf is just a general guideline. Some days are better than others for me of course but its all mental game and I know if I stick with the plan I will lose weight... easier said than done I know but im stubborn! We can all do this in 2014 and beyond. :drinker:
    03428 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Count me in!