I do it everyday...

Options
...step on the scale that is.

Am I the only one who weighs everyday?

Replies

• GulinoV
    Options
    I do too...I read that it helps keep one on track.
  • lilmidnightwolf
    lilmidnightwolf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I try not to do it everyday but I do anyway cuz I always want to know
  • sjda123
    sjda123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I do - and I don't get too mad if I go up a pound - I know it's going to fluctuate as long as it goes down the next :)
  • beverley770
    beverley770 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No, I don't weigh-in everyday. Weight loss, for me, doesn't work that quick! Lol! Plus, I, don't think it's necessary...too disheartening :sad: And I just love the anticipation of it all...I know when I've lost weight - I can feel it! If I feel really good and feel as if I've lost then I will weigh myself mid-week sometime, but apart from that Friday morning is my regular weigh-in.

:glasses:
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do it as well. It doesn't bother me to see nothing happen (or that I go a pound or two up.) I just figure it's like the stock market or climate change: it may dip and roll and rise and fall, but it's the long-term trends that count. I'm interested to learn how weight loss works, so I'd rather have too much data than not enough.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Nope. Too obsessive for me.
  • lanajs11
    Options
    I don't because your weight fluctuates too much to get an accurate number everyday. Plus, I get discouraged easily lol!
  • jenabee610
    jenabee610 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a couple times a week, but I know that weight fluctuates from day to day. So I only really pay attention to my Check In day which is Sundays. I know it's not good to weight yourself all the time, because it can be frustrating when you see the scale go up and down, so I am trying to work on not doing that. You are not alone in it, so maybe we can work together to not always focus on weight and try to remember to acknowledge out NSV from day to day.
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning that I'm home, which is normally Friday through Monday. If my weight is stable, I know I may be up or down within about a three pound range, so a little gain doesn't bother me day to day, but two or three little gains in a row flag me to refocus my efforts.
  • JoyLaine
    JoyLaine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself close to the same time everyday. It keeps me on track (and honest).
  • kikalique
    kikalique Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I do this, and I really need to stop. It's driving me nuts to see the scale show a gain even though the day before I busted my butt at the gym and was under my calories. I also weigh several times a day, which is even worse because how can I gain 3 lbs in 40 minutes? Just thinking about it is irritating me.

That's it. Tomorrow after weigh-in, the scale goes away until the following Monday.
  • Isocopter
    Isocopter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week - if that. Usually I don't have access to a scale, so I go several weeks without weighing myself.
  • meek277
    meek277 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day twice a day, 1st thing in the morn and after work :smile: I can't help it, I'm addicted to that too.
  • Iratherbefit1
    Iratherbefit1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try not to, I feel more successful when I step on a week or two later and see a giant difference (i.e. 1-2 lbs lol)

I do weigh in when I feel heavy though and that gives me an idea how much harder I need to work that day.