if you've had a (mild) soleus strain . . .

. . . how long did it take to heal? Did you stop running entirely, if so, what did you do by way of training?

feeling a bit miserable :(

Replies

• chriscm70
    chriscm70 Posts: 76 Member
    I had a soleus strain diagnosed a while back, got some PT, including graston. I never stopped running, but I went to a sports medicine place for it, not a regular doc. Once I felt what they were doing with graston I figured out how to get in there with "the stick" and work at it myself. It was gradual, maybe a few weeks. I just did all easy running at the time anyway. I haven't had any trouble since. If it starts to act up I hit it hard with the stick. It hurts a little but feels better the next day.
    I'm not suggesting you do the same, just letting you know what my experience was :-)
    If in doubt I'd just do easy running with less miles, and see how you feel the next day, as long as the doc says it's ok.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Ive not had this but you may find this article helpful

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697334/
  • I had a soleus strain diagnosed a while back, got some PT, including graston. I never stopped running, but I went to a sports medicine place for it, not a regular doc. Once I felt what they were doing with graston I figured out how to get in there with "the stick" and work at it myself. It was gradual, maybe a few weeks. I just did all easy running at the time anyway. I haven't had any trouble since. If it starts to act up I hit it hard with the stick. It hurts a little but feels better the next day.
    I'm not suggesting you do the same, just letting you know what my experience was :-)
    If in doubt I'd just do easy running with less miles, and see how you feel the next day, as long as the doc says it's ok.

thanks, it's always good to know what works for other people - will file it away in case of future need. Am really encouraged that you kept running :)
  • Ive not had this but you may find this article helpful

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697334/

thank you :) very interesting (and I learned some new words!)