Intros and Spreadsheet

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
Hi Guys!!! I am so excited to start this 12 week Challenge!

Here is the link for the spreadsheet where you can log in your Starting Weight and Goal Weight:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuCWOx0Ny9NvdFBmaEFzS094aTdMMjVSb2pEUWp1QkE#gid=0

Please be sure to add your name on the spreadsheet and enter your Starting Weight and 12 week Goal weight. The deadline for the Starting Weight weigh ins is on Monday January 13th. I will be posting our WEEK 1 CHALLENGE tomorrow.

I would also like to take a moment to do some intros on this thread. You can be as open as you like... this is optional :)

If anyone has problems opening the spreadsheet or can not access the spreadsheet from your phone.... please feel free to message me and I will post the info for you.

Good Luck to everyone!!!!

Pam :)

Replies

• fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone! Welcome to the group! I am Pam! I started with MFP about 2 years ago and lost 40 lbs. I have gained some weight back in the past few months. I have recently made a big move from Italy back to the states. I am finally getting settled in and ready to start 2014 off with a bang! My goal weight for this challenge is 139. I am really excited to start this adventure with all of you!!!

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Pam :)
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My name is Renee and I have been on MFP for about a year and a half. This site is awesome and I love it. I also like the various challenges that are posted...it motivates me to want to keep losing weight and getting healthy.
    I look forward to working with everyone that's part of this challenge...WELCOME and let get HEALTHY
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was logging with MFP in late 2012 after the birth of my daughter. I lost all of the weight I had planned to. I was working on keeping an active and healthy lifestyle. I became pregnant with twins in March of 2013. I was put on physical restrictions for everything. I had healthy twins in November of 2013. I am starting the journey again with a 25-30lb goal. Good luck to everyone.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,086 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am Malea. I am living in Vienna in Austria, although my profile page says Vienna in Wisconsin :-)
    I have been active on MFP about one and a half year. I have already lost about 10 kg, but in the last months gained some of them back, due to several reasons, but mostly because I didn't pay enough attention to what I was eating. So I decided to have a fresh start at the beginning of this year, and set my weight ticker back to zero.

Currently I am at 88 kg (194 lbs), and in the next 12 weeks I want to lose about 1 lb per week, going down to 182 lbs.

Looking forward to this challenge!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Mimi (nickname for Mary)! I live in cold, cold Michigan. I have been active in MFP for I think a couple of years now and love the great friendships I have made. You guys rock!:heart: I have a 20-year-old daughter who lives about an hour away and is a college student. I also have a 10-year-old son, Alex, who I adore. I have been married 15 years. I love my job caring for young children. Haha.. I'm sure those toddlers may have me stress eating a bit on some days.. but love them anyways! My goal is to lose a pound a week this challenge. My body holds on to weight with a tight fist, but I know I can do it. Good luck to you all. If you aren't already on my friends list, be sure to send me a friend request so we can support each other.:bigsmile:
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone My name is Carrie and I joined MFP 2-years ago and at one point had lost over 20 lbs, I have gained back some of that weight. I have enjoyed getting to know many of you. I hope to lose 10 lbs for this challenge ,more if I can. I decided to not put so much pressure on myself and to work on being more focused on small changes that over time will become a natural part of my day.
    I have been married for 26 almost 27 years [ in Febuary] I have 2 grown children a son and daughter and now a son en law. I live in Michigan and grew up on a dairy farm. I also had a home day care for over 17 years and I miss the children. I hope that some day soon to be a grandma:happy: They want to wate another year.
    My goal is to lose 10 lbs and to get healthy and strong so that I will be able to be a fun grandma one day!:laugh:
    Lets get healthy and strong together.
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    HI I'm Joanne. I have a 11 & 6 yr old girls. Married 15 yrs. I lost about 50 lbs last yr. (Gained some back from this past holiday season lol).
    My "point of no return" was when I got home from a new years eve 2012 party and I couldnt go to sleep so went on facebook and a friend had posted pics from Christmas and New Yrs parties and tagged me. Well when I saw what I looked like, I was horrified. I always looked at myself in the mirror and would never see what I was doing to myself. I cried myself to sleep and the next day promised myself to get healthy. So 2013 I concentrated mostly on my eating habits. This year I want to add exercise to my life and lose another 50 lbs. But, for this challenge I would like as a goal to lose 24lbs. Good luck everyone!
  • tracieao
    tracieao Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone -- I'm Tracie and have been on MFP for about a year. I haven't been active at all in the community and have primarily used the app for logging my calories and even that has been inconsistent. SO time for some changes in leveraging MFP for what it's all about -- community! I'm looking forward to this challenge!

Tracie
    :bigsmile:
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Im April, Im 36, married for 15 yrs and mum of two.( Ty, 13 and Rae 7).
    Ive been using MFP on and off for a good couple of years now having some reasonable success a few years ago then just stopped. Restarted again after Christmas and realised how far away from my target actually am. starting again 20lb heavier than i was this time last year.
    I dont feel like the person in the mirror and want to look how i feel.
    ive set myself a high 12 week target with the hope i get at least half way.
    I know i have just got to keep counting because i know it works for me.
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Macha (Shay). I have been on MFP for over a year. I got serious about losing weight Jan 2013, I lost 20 lbs and was so excited, But then I got comfortable and gained almost every pound back:mad: . I'm not going to cry over spilled milk. I must get back on the weight loss wagon AGAIN and I pray its for good. It seems to be a harder for me this time to get my head on straight, but I WILL keep trying. I hope this challenge is what I need to get back on track. I hope to lose at 12-15 lbs. Lots of luck to everyone.
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Melissa, I joined MFP in 2012 and I actually used it last year, I lost some gained more but I now know that I CAN lose the weight so this year I will put in the work meaning be more consistent in logging which in turn will make me accountable to everything else. I need this Challenge and I will try to motivate others as well.
  • AZRunnerGirlinErie
    AZRunnerGirlinErie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Christie and have been on MFP for 1 year. I have lost 37 lbs and have another 13 to go. I have completely slacked on my nutrition, which is why I've stalled on my weight loss progress. My goal is to lose the 13 lbs in this challenge and be honest and log everything that I eat. These challenges and you're support always help me stay motivated and accountable - thanks! Looking forward to the next 12 weeks!
  • meatymeat33
    meatymeat33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi
    My name is Jennifer
    I have been on MFP for over 3 years (i think) really using it this past year. I have lost 50 pounds. I am having an extremely hard time getting the last 20 pounds off. I am really getting into heavy weight lifting too! I work with a personal trainer and I just started working as a Wellness Coach at my YMCA and hoping in the long run to get certified myself as a personal trainer.

SW 155
    GW 140
  • 52kgirl
    52kgirl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm Sarah. I have been with mfp since 12/12 and have lost 103 pounds on this program. It's such a great place for support. I have the best cheerleaders on here. I still have about 12 pounds to go to hit my major goal. These last few pounds have been the hardest. I have been struggling lately and I'm really looking forward to this challenge to get me through these last few pounds.
    A few things about me. I'm 27 and from the good old freezing state of michigan ( as Mimi said cold cold michigan). I have one amazing son and he is 20 months now. Married for 8 years now and work as a hairstylist. I started my journey when my son was six months and I still has 15 pounds to go before I was back to pre baby weight. I guess I was just sick and tired of looking sloppy and not put together (since I refused to buy new/ bigger clothes after my son). I have struggle with letting the scale run my life this last year. So I did make a promise to myself for not to weigh myself everyday. I will be the first to admit I did lose a good portion of my weight with eating healthy but not eating enough :/ so starving myself (not good at all). This year is all about feeding my body the right way and not to obsess over the scale and weigh in just weekly and not daily. Oh and upping my exercise
    If we aren't friends yet on here feel free to friend me. I'm really looking forward to the next 12 weeks. :)
  • omgsmg
    omgsmg Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Sandra. I joined this site sometime last year and was doing fabulous until the holidays started. I gained a few pounds back but now I'm back and ready. I started my journey after I had my daughter in November 2012 at 450lbs, I've lost almost 100, I don't have an ultimate goal weight, right now jus to be under 300. Taking small steps and not trying to look too far into future, one day at a time. I'm excited for this challenge!

Good luck everyone!
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

My name is Alison and I have been a member of MFP for quite a few years now. My heaviest was 225 and my lightest was 157 and now I am hovering somewhere in the middle at 196.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you better and hopefully losing a few pounds in the progress.

Cheers,
    Alsison
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi, all!

My name is Jen and I have been on MFP in earnest for a year. In December, 2012 I was throwing a baby shower for my best friend and something in me snapped. I hated how I looked in pictures, I wanted to buy a new dress but I couldn't find a cute dress that fit me, and I was nervous about standing on my friend's furniture to hang decorations. I was depressed and knew I needed to change. I came up with some quantifiable goals and lost 67 pounds. After a year of going strong I relaxed a little around the holidays and gained a few pounds back. For this challenge I would like to lose 20 pounds. It's ambitious, but I want to give it a shot.

I live a mile north of Chicago (also very cold!) with my dog Annie.

Jen