At what point did you stop working out ?

Options
Hey ladies, I just hit 30 weeks yesterday and I have to say that I am about to throw in the towel when it comes to working out. I have been doing so good the while time, working out anywhere from 30-60 mins most days of the week. It is getting increasingly harder though. With my first pregnancy I stopped at about 32 weeks and I wanted to keep going this time until at least 36 weeks, I am just getting so tired and uncomfortable :( when did you all decide that enough was enough?

Replies

• rachael116
    Options
    I stopped my training sessions at 32 weeks, but I am still walking (almost 35 weeks now). I was getting super winded and tired by just doing body weight exercises. I hope to keep up with walking until its time.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm @ 29 weeks and I still exercise. However, whenever I feel tired and uncomfortable, I take a break. I exercise 3-5x a week from 20-30min each session (Tight schedule w/ commuting... makes it hard to commit to 30min+), but I don't do intense training... mainly cardio and mix it up w/ 10-15 min of strength training. Today I was on the bike and I stopped at 10min bc it was uncomfortable for the stomach muscles, so I did strength training the rest of the time. If you feel you need to rest, then do so. If you want to exercise still, do something lighter, like walking. They say walking helps w/ labor as well. Hope that helps :smile:
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I kept swimming and walking upto my due date. I had to stop Zumba around 30 weeks as all the leaping and throwing myself about got too much.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I plan on working out until my due date, if I can, even if it means just walking on the treadmill at that point. When I start maternity leave at 35 weeks I plan on doing classes in the day while my children are at school/nursery. I want. to do Zumba and aerobics. The plan is to do 3 classes and 1 gym session a week then.

I went to the gym until 34 weeks with my first, and regretted stopping then. I could've carried on, but because it was my first, I wasn't sure if I should or not. I didn't really exercise with my second.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Maybe just cut back a little. Walking is one of the best things you can do when you are pregnant so maybe try that. Also I've been doing yoga and it is amazing. It just feels refreshing and relaxing but can get your heart rate up too depending on what kind of yoga you do. I just youtube prenatal yoga and watch those.
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    With my last pregnancy, I walked throughout, but would start having braxton-hicks contractions if I walked for too long. And I was winded and had to stop and pee constantly. So I took lots of mini walks throughout the day - 5-10 minutes 3-4 times a day adds up. :) I wasn't very fit in that pregnancy, though. We'll see what happens this time.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I was told to stop at 12 weeks because of bleeding, and tried to keep walking for a bit. Now walking is unsafe outside and I'm trying to find some prenatal yoga, it's not a workout in my opinion, but if feel better after.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am a week away from my due date and i am still working out. I have a set of prenatal circuit training DVDs called ''Body by Trimester'' by Joy Southworth that has two 30 min workouts per trimester. I do that 3-4 times a week, in fact i just finished doing a workout now. I also walk a lot pushing my 3yr old and 21 month old in a double stroller. I have gained about 25 lbs and look fit and toned despite my big belly, everyone says I look like I am all baby. Good luck to u all and have a happy and healthy pregnancy.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I am a week away from my due date and i am still working out. I have a set of prenatal circuit training DVDs called ''Body by Trimester'' by Joy Southworth that has two 30 min workouts per trimester. I do that 3-4 times a week, in fact i just finished doing a workout now. I also walk a lot pushing my 3yr old and 21 month old in a double stroller. I have gained about 25 lbs and look fit and toned despite my big belly, everyone says I look like I am all baby. Good luck to u all and have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

How do you get a 3 year old to sit in a stroller?! I have a 2.5 year old who walks everywhere! I definitely burn off calories going out with her! My 4 year old son was the same, barely sat in a stroller from about 20 months.

I'm thinking of taking a payment holiday from my gym from 37 weeks (as it'll be April 1st) and doing some workouts at home, plus walking lots. It'll be nice to save a bit of money!
  • mommyblessed7
    mommyblessed7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im 39 weeks and I stopped last week , only because my pressure was up and they put me on bed rest until my regular doc is back in town :( Im really ticked! Otherwise Id still go .. it is my stress relief and I have to say I have not had any pains and its helped me control my weight.. even though I have still gained the healthy 35 pounds.. If you have pains its different but if not I did Zumba until the bed rest and I did p90x until about 4 weeks ago.. I was still weight training until as well .. good luck and be safe
  • momRN2B
    Options
    double post
  • momRN2B
    Options

How do you get a 3 year old to sit in a stroller?! I have a 2.5 year old who walks everywhere! I definitely burn off calories going out with her! My 4 year old son was the same, barely sat in a stroller from about 20 months.

I'm thinking of taking a payment holiday from my gym from 37 weeks (as it'll be April 1st) and doing some workouts at home, plus walking lots. It'll be nice to save a bit of money!

my 3 yr old doesn't always sit in the stroller, she sometimes walks, which I am OK with since once the baby comes she will be losing her seat in the double stroller. Its just easier for me when she sits in the stroller cuz i can walk faster.