WOD Shoes that accommodate wide feet?

Options
There are tons of articles on the web ranking and describing the best CrossFit shoes, but I've found that many of them neglect to address width. For a person with wide feet, this is of high importance to me for overall comfort during a WOD. Shoes that are too narrow essentially strangle my feet causing a lot of discomfort, especially with movements like running and box jumps. I've been wearing the New Balance Minimus 20v2's which were sold in wide sizes. I really, really like them, but the updated version (20v3) comes in some pretty heinous colors that aren't really my style (shallow of me, I know). Any other wide foot CF'ers out there have suggestions?

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of wide width Saucony running shoes. They were really comfy, but they were horrible for CF. Way too cushiony.

I went to the Reebok store and tried on a pair of Nano 2.0s and was shocked that they fit properly. I'm a womens 7 D or E and these did not feel narrow at all and the insole was completely flat which is perfect for my flat feet. Seriously, even if I were not doing CF, I would buy a few pairs of these for my everyday sneakers. It's so hard for us wide footed people to find comfy shoes and I am seriously in love with them...can you tell?? lol
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I wear a pair of Altra Zero Drop shoes for running. They are wide enough for me, and I always need at least an EE if I am fitting my shoes properly. Mine are a pretty basic black-and-green. I have not used them for Crossfit, but they are flat so I assume they would be appropriate for lifting. For running, I REALLY like them. Got them at a running shoe store (Fleet Feet, Sacramento)
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have wide feet (I wear a wide or double wide running shoe) and LOVE my Reebok Nano 3s. I like them even better than the Nano 2s that I started with about 6 months ago.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    There are tons of articles on the web ranking and describing the best CrossFit shoes, but I've found that many of them neglect to address width. For a person with wide feet, this is of high importance to me for overall comfort during a WOD. Shoes that are too narrow essentially strangle my feet causing a lot of discomfort, especially with movements like running and box jumps. I've been wearing the New Balance Minimus 20v2's which were sold in wide sizes. I really, really like them, but the updated version (20v3) comes in some pretty heinous colors that aren't really my style (shallow of me, I know). Any other wide foot CF'ers out there have suggestions?

Haven't seen the upgrade, but mine are just black. I can't imagine they don't offer it.

I just bought Inov-8 lifting shoes because they were the only ones available in wide sizes and they fit pretty well. I'm guessing their other shoes might be available wide as well.

My shoes are BRIGHT yellow, though. Be warned:)
  • TXBecki
    TXBecki Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great responses! Us wide-footers gotta stick together! :smile:
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

HAHA!! I just ordered the Minimus20v3's but only after struggling with the fact that they were so ugly for a few days. Finally a $30 off on Amazon with Prime free delivery and returns sold me on the black and pink :sick: pair. $$ and function over form. Now I am just hoping they are not to hideous in person. I might swap out the pink laces for black ones and sharpie the white soles to tone them down as last resort.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My new lifting shoes are BRIGHT yellow. No one cares :)
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Reebok Nano 3's fit me perfectly and I have a EEE flat foot. Toe box is snug but comfy. If you really want a wide toe box then Nano 2's