Meal ideas....

Options
brydo86
brydo86 Posts: 47 Member
Hi people

I am starting the herbalife diet tomorrow and I am wondering after having my two shakes and tablets and also a protein bar, I have worked out that I have a massive 1300 calorie void.....how the hell do I fill that? Anyone got any ideas please?

Replies

• jmeriano
    Options
    Hi there -- there are probably more experienced ppl on here about this, but how many calories are your shakes coming up to? Do you use Personalized Protein Power or Protein Drink Mix with it? And are you using water or milk?

Here is what I usually do:
    Shake - 230 Calories (FI, PDM, unsweetened almond milk)
    Snack - 150 Calories
    Shake - 230 Calories
    Snack - 150 Calories
    Dinner - 400 Calories (usually lean meat, whole grain and vegetables)
    Snack if I'm still hungry - 100 calories

I'm getting around 1350 calories per day (I interchange between almond milk and fat free milk).
    Hi people

I am starting the herbalife diet tomorrow and I am wondering after having my two shakes and tablets and also a protein bar, I have worked out that I have a massive 1300 calorie void.....how the hell do I fill that? Anyone got any ideas please?
  • brydo86
    Options
    I need around 1900 to 2000 calories a day...I have worked out with both shakes and a protein bar I still need 1300 calories in the day which is quite a mega dinner to be eating!
  • brydo86
    Options
    Anyone?! That's me on day 1
  • b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi there, hoping you have the success with Herbalife that I have, I think it is great. I so wish that I had 1000+ calories to have for dinner!! First of all I would have something extra with my shakes at breakfast and lunch - perhaps yoghurt or fruit, something light and healthy of course. Then for dinner - just with some random looking, a good size piece of salmon or breaded fish etc would be 300+ calories, good portion of potatoes would be another 300+ calories then veg at 200 cals, that's nearly a 1000 gone without any sauces, gravy etc - and don't get me started on a pudding. So you see it is easy to rack up the calories without going back to filling up with junk food. I would always recommend a bigger protein portion and with these calories you have got loads to choose from, chicken thighs are much nicer than breast and lots more calories too so where I might avoid them, they would be good for you. Make some Herbalife 'friends' and have a look at our diaries for some ideas too Good Luck :)
  • brydo86
    Options
    Thank you, I will have a look just now!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Depends on your protein goal. Mine is 145 grams a day (not that I hit that every day). I try to eat 5 times a day and attempt to divide the kcals and protein among them. Check out my diary for some ideas. So what is your protein number?
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I eat all day when I'm doing two shakes and a meal. I enjoy cottage cheese, turkey, apples, oranges, protein bars, sandwich with guacamole instead of mayo, bigggg salads, granola, yogurt, smoothies, black beans, brown rice, and if you haven't tried the Herbalife beverage mix, it has 70 cals 16 g of protein, great snack.

:)
  • Lovandequality
    Lovandequality Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm supper lazy so I fill the rest of my day with deli turkey, salsa, string cheese, an apple, and carrots
  • queenladylala
    Options
    Well to fill your calories goal up I would recommend you do this
    Breakfast: the formula 1 shake with a either banana,a cup of fruit, or a boil egg

Snack: either a yogurt, herbalife snacks, protein bar, sliced apples with cinnamon sprinkle on it, whole grain tortilla wrap with almond butter and strawberries clearly anything that can be low calories but keep you full.

Lunch:have a healthy lunch with protein meat and lots of veggies (prefer green)

Snack: something like I said for the first snack

Dinner: your othe r formula one shake which will be herbalife lol

Snack: lol like the other 2 snacks!

Message me if you need something else :)