Week 13

Aprilstar480
Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
I don't know where Soccerella is but its pretty obvious some of you are looking for a challenge so I'm gonna go out on a limb and post one for the this week and hopefully our wonderful leader will return before the next episode.

Last week on BL the contestants had to run up and down a sandy hill with kettle balls. I could get creative with this but since we only have about 3 and a half days left in the week I'm gonna generalize it and challenge you all to 30 minutes of HIIT this week. You can break it up and do it on different days if you'd like. Remember HIIT is high intensity interval training. Start with a warm up, followed by a minute or two of hard work, then a few seconds to a minute of recovery (strength training would fit in nicely here), and repeat. Dont' forget to cool down and stretch. Youtube has a lot of good video's for HIIT workouts if your unsure of what to do and if anyone wants to post an example please feel free.

Replies

• 77chantelle
    77chantelle Posts: 112 Member
    Sounds great, I am on board.
  • tambam72
    tambam72 Posts: 242 Member
    Thanks I am on bored..here is a HIIT video that I found on youtube that is just about 30 minutes..with stretching it would give you 30. I will be doing in the am. Hope this helps this. Can be done at home without weights. Have a good night everyone!!
  • tambam72
    Thanks I am on bored..here is a HIIT video that I found on youtube that is just about 30 minutes..with stretching it would give you 30. I will be doing in the am. Hope this helps this. Can be done at home without weights. Have a good night everyone!!
    OOps sorry here is the link:
    http://youtu.be/BS7XkoGmhXQ
  • tambam72
    Got the challenge done..with cool down and stretching 30 minutes.
    Tammie
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    that video looked tough, but it did look like a couple songs from my zumba class today
  • tambam72
    that video looked tough, but it did look like a couple songs from my zumba class today
    It was. I was sweating awful by the end, but then I went on to do 2.5 hours more. Love Zumba!! Fun way to get exercise in!!
  • MichelleP418
    MichelleP418 Posts: 54 Member
    challange was completed. :)
  • 77chantelle
    77chantelle Posts: 112 Member
    Challenge completed
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    I got lucky and did a HIIT workout at the gym last night without knowing that was for this week. lol
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Well count me out for this weeks challenge. I just found out about this link (instead of the normal or my team link) last night right before going to work. I get off work at 7am and I am exausted, will be going home to bed. I do not have time today/night to get this challenge done and report it by midnight tonight. :( Oh well, maybe next weeks challenge will get posted like it should. I sure all is ok with the main group leader. Odd that we haven't heard from her.
  • Aprilstar480
    Don't worry about the challenge for this week. I just wanted to get something up there so people wouldn't think this group was dead. It was posted late and I'm not the admin so I don't have access to the "right" buttons so I'm sorry for not posting correctly. I will contact all group leaders right now and make sure that next weeks challenge gets copied to each team page. That's the best I can do.
  • mmommaj
    mmommaj Posts: 46 Member
    Where will I find the next challenge or do you want me to just repost this one??
    Thank you for taking the time.
    Mell
  • Aprilstar480
    I just got up and I have to watch the episode on DVR So I should have a new challenge posted around 10am. I will start a new thread with WEEK 14